PDA

View Full Version : Do you think dyeing an Indian PF would work?

pritchettzoo
04-09-2004, 03:28 PM
I know the color wouldn't be clear, but... Or do they make bleached Indians? Or would that kill the softness?

Thanks!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

papal
04-09-2004, 04:47 PM
bump.

pritchettzoo
04-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Even though no one knows or cares about my question ;), I wanted to say that Leela's new avatar is so adorable!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

brittone2
04-10-2004, 04:00 PM
I know nothing about dyeing PFs, but I did order indians from granitesmith on ebay and they are bleached. THey were our first dipes. I ended up ordering more CPFs but got unbleached and think UBCPFs are softer than my bleached indians, so I reach for the unbleached first. So yep, bleached indians are out there.

jmofarrill
04-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Jamie from www.cottonpickincreations.com dyes and hand-paints Indian pfs, so it looks like it would definitely work!

liya
04-10-2004, 10:16 PM
It works ive been doing it these past few days..you need the special salts to set in the dye and alsot the sylanthropol(sp?) and that gets them sooooo soooft yummy and keeps the soft and yummy..

HTH

papal
04-10-2004, 11:57 PM
heehee.. thanks Anna... and when are you going to update Gracie's? We want to see new pics!! :)
PS: If you need someone to resize and stuff, lmk.. i am loving the photoshop these days.
Oh, and how is the solid-foods thingy going with you guys?? What have you tried so far? What has she hated and what has she liked and MOST important... how much does she eat at one time?? I ask because one-time i gave Leela half a banana and she kept behaving like she wanted more. Then i panicked that i had given her too much and i called my mom.. it was some ungodly hour in india and i woke her up... and she yelled at me for feeding leela too much!! yikes. i don' t think this baby understands when she is full... she does not turn away like they are supposed to. maybe this should all be in another thread.. you may not even see this.

papal
04-10-2004, 11:58 PM
..interesting.. i did not specify but i got unbleached indians from granitesmith and they are soooo soft.. softer than my unbleached chinese.. are you sure you got the right ones??

papal
04-10-2004, 11:59 PM
LINDA, PLEASE GIVE MORE DETAILS!!!!!!!! START FROM THE BEGINNING!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!

liya
04-11-2004, 12:51 AM
LOL...ill post one pic of a dyed one tommorow. Im wondering if i should get some sandies and dye them in a rainbow LOL.....YUMMY COLOR!!! Oh..ill also post what i did... :)