PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Pail Upstairs AND Downstairs???

kroppink
04-10-2004, 11:53 AM
I've heard so many people say how great it is to have the Pack N Play changing table downstairs... but if you do that, do you have a 2nd diaper pail downstairs??? (1 up & 1 down?) No point in having to run upstairs with the dirty diaper! Or is this crazy? ;)

Karin

robmab719
04-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Yep, we actually have a diaper genie in both places...one up and one down. We thought about just running the dirty diaper outside to our big trash can, but who wants to be running in and out of the house every time you change a diaper?!

We got our second diaper genie at a resale/consigment shop for $8. Definitely worth checking around before you pay full price.

(We also have a wipes warmer in both places...we are so spoiled!)

Calmegja2
04-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Two pails. One upstairs in nursery, one in the laundry room... ;-)

egoldber
04-10-2004, 01:56 PM
I had two for a long time, until she outgrew the PNP changing table (and that was sometime areound 20 months). At first we did that because I had a C-section and my stair climbing was limited. I kept it up because it was so convenient!

HTH,

sweetbasil
04-10-2004, 03:29 PM
We have one in the nursery, and one downstairs (in the laundry room). When we were using sposies, we had our Diaper Champ upstairs, and just used the outside garbage can (in our detached garage) for a downstairs diaper pail.

kroppink
04-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Yay!! Now I feel justified in making my purchase. Thank you!!! :) hee, hee!

Karin

HallsofVA
04-10-2004, 09:15 PM
I also have two pails, but there's a funny story about the second one. We have a Diaper Dekor in the nursery upstairs. We have our Pack and Play set up on the main level. For those diapers, we put them in the Diaper Genie we keep outside on our deck that we used to use only for dog poop bags. We've been using a Diaper Genie that way since 1999 (we're on our second one.) We used to laugh about it and call it our "Pooper Genie". Only took us 4+ years to ever put a diaper in it!