PDA

View Full Version : First time washing cds - some questions

marinkitty
04-10-2004, 04:08 PM
I've started washing the new dipes b/c I think we have enough to get through a full day to try it out.

So far I've done one batch - washed them two times hot wash, cold rinse with 1/4 cap of Tide, then a third wash (hot/cold) with no detergent and a hot dry. Does that sound like enough to start using them or should I wash them again?

Also, do you need to wash the microfiber towels more than once before using? What about covers?

And, when I start tomorrow, for during the day is one joeybunz or one microfiber towel in a pocket enough for most of you or do I need to stuff with something else? And, do you use any extra inserts with the Sugar Peas fitted or Angel Wraps fitted? Thanks!!!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

sweetbasil
04-10-2004, 04:28 PM
>So far I've done one batch - washed them two times hot wash,
>cold rinse with 1/4 cap of Tide, then a third wash (hot/cold)
>with no detergent and a hot dry. Does that sound like enough
>to start using them or should I wash them again?

What are the dipes made of? I was PUL pockets once before using, hemp several times.

>Also, do you need to wash the microfiber towels more than
>once before using?
A single wash/dry for microfiber towels is enough for us...though the WalMart towels bleed, so I wash them alone on hot, once or twice, with a Shout color catcher, before throwing them in with the entire diaper wash.

>What about covers?
Once works fine for us on covers made with PUL or fleece.

>And, when I start tomorrow, for during the day is one
>joeybunz or one microfiber towel in a pocket enough for most
>of you or do I need to stuff with something else?
We usually stick with pairs- a pair of microfiber towels, a pair of JBs, or one of each. Anything less and we lack the absorbancy Charlie needs.

Happy CDing! It's so nice to get all the initial diaper washing/drying out of the way and get started on the fun part- actually using the dipes! :D

marinkitty
04-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks Julie. We have a mish-mash of stuff - some hemp, some fleece, some suedecloth/PUL, some microfiber. I'm doing everything twice and trying it tomorrow while I'm home all day, so if we have leaks I'll wash the hemp a couple more times.

I'll try the double JBs or microtowels too. Do you ever do one JB and one microfiber or does it not work to mix them for some reason?

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)