PDA

View Full Version : Diaper pail upstairs and downstairs?

daisymommy
04-13-2004, 01:49 PM
I live in a 3 level townhouse. Joshua's room is on the top floor, with his changing table, entire diaper stash, diaper pail, wipe warmer, etc. We spend most of our day on the 2nd level where the family room is. But for every single diaper change we are going up and down the stairs, mainly because thats where everything is. But thats kind of getting to be a pain to do 6 times a day.

Do you gals with multi-level homes have a changing setup on both floors? I'm trying to figure out how I would do that. Maybe have a basket with some extra diapers and a cover, some dry wipes that I could just wet under the warm faucet, and a wet-bag hanging on the bathroom door handle(whats a good one for that?) Then empty it into the main pail upstairs at night? Or is there an easier way? I would definetly have to haul him upstairs for poopy dipes though, since thats where the mini-shower is. BTW, our downstairs bathroom is just a very small half bath, so not enough room for a second pail or changing pad on the counter or anything.

Share your ideas and set-up!
Thanks,

Momof3Labs
04-13-2004, 02:30 PM
We have a two-story home and go upstairs for diaper changes most of the time. Colin seems to behave better when he is on his changing table, so it is worth the few extra steps for us!

holliam
04-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Well, I'll tell you what I'm planning on doing!

We have a fairly large 2-story house. Our bedrooms and laundry room are on the second floor. We are going to have her changing table in her room, which is across the hall from the laundry room. So, I'm just keeping the laundry pail in there. It's also right next to the bathroom so I'm going to get a spray thing for that bathroom. I might keep bags in those two rooms so I'm not dragging dripping things around...not sure yet. But all 3 are right near each other so I'm hoping it works.

For downstairs, we have a long/skinny half bath so there is a huge space on the counter where I'm putting a changing pad. I am going to put a spray thing on that toilet. Haven't yet decided if I'm getting a pail or bag for that bathroom. I kind of have room for a pail but not really b/c it's a weird shaped room.

I got the over-the-door organizers from Pottery Barn to keep all her diapers and stuff organized in the downstairs bathroom.

Mind you--this is all theoretical still as she is not yet home yet!

Holli

cvharris
04-13-2004, 03:46 PM
We go upstairs to Ben's nursery, where the changing table and dipes are. His pail is in his bathroom next door. We spend most the day downstairs, but I figure, I need the exercise. :)

When I was preggo, I received two Diaper Dekors for the nursery and the downstairs area and I planned on using both so I wouldn't have to go up the stairs. But that was before we used cloth, so now they are expensive trash cans in our laundry room and in his nursery. ;)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

pritchettzoo
04-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Apparently I'm lazy...we have a pack and play downstairs with the changing table attachment and the regular changing area upstairs. I go to whichever one is closer and has diapers! I've got cheap Coleman sleeping bag bags for liners, and I used a stainless steel step-on-lid-open trash can (that we already owned) for downstairs with the Sterilite upstairs. I grab both bags on my way to the washing machine.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

C99
04-13-2004, 09:01 PM
We live on 2 of our floors. Nate's diaper pail and diapers are upstairs, so even if I change him downstairs, I just bring the diaper upstairs when I have time.