PDA

View Full Version : special orders

crl
04-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I really like plain white diapers. I've been checking out Angelwraps AIOs and Lucy's Hope Chest AIOs and think I'll go with some diapers from one of those WAHMs. But, neither has plain white as a fabric choice at the moment. Is it typically possible to make arrangements for a special fabric? If it makes a difference, I'd be planning to order about 20 diapers in the white fabric?

I guess I can just ask them, but I'm hoping to get a feeling for whether this is reasonable question first.

Thanks!

nitaghei
04-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Most WAHMs are very accomodating - so definitely email. It's a perfectly reasonable request, especially for a big order.

I had emailed Christa at DaisyDoodles about solid colors when I didn't see any listed on her website - and she was very helpful, and emailed me right back with information. BTW - these are AIOs, too - if you want look at yet more dipes! :) And, if you want plain white, Jen of Little Lambs usually has some in stock. I prefer white dipes too - and I have 2 AIOs with a rainbow color edging from Jen that I am very pleased with.

http://www.cutest-cloth-diapers.com/

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

mommyj_2
04-14-2004, 02:07 PM
I would definitely email them. I know Angelwraps is supposed to be opening for custom orders again soon. It's always worth asking. I've found that most WAHMS are really accommodating. Both Angelwraps and LHC both seem like good AIO choices, so if you know you want those, then try emailing them first.

new_mommy25
04-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I had Amy at Angelwraps make me some diapers. I just sent in the fabric I wanted.
ETA:
Angelwraps aren't the most absorbant diapers in the world. I'm not sure what kind of pee-er you have on your hands. Also make sure that you measure your baby precisly. I just told her to go ahead and make me Mediums and the rise is way too high. I'm hoping DS will grow into them, but I wish that I had had her make the diapers with a lower rise.

crl
04-14-2004, 07:32 PM
I don't know what kind of pee-er I have yet either ;-) We're adopting from China and I won't have age or gender info for another month or two. I'll get some out-of -date weight/height info then, but nothing reliable until we actually go get our baby. x(

This is complicating my diapering planning, but I"m trying to research everything so I can order as soon as we get back. Right now, I'm thinking I'll order some FuzziBuns for night and try one or two each of the Angelwraps QD AIOs and the LHC AOIs (assuming they are open for orders) as soon as we get back and then try to arrange special ordering white ones after I settle on one. It'll just take me a little while to switch totally to CDing.

Thanks for the help! And comments on my plan welcome--a plan can always be improved (and obsessed over)!

liya
04-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Well they are all made with PUL and most of them arent laminated prints just a print layer and then pul. Im sure they can do plain white diapers, most wahms have plain white pul. give them a mail drop im sure they will be more than accomodating.