PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzibunz vs. babyblanket and pocket dipe sizing question

smkinc
04-15-2004, 02:21 PM
I've been staying out of this forum since I didn't want to be tempted by any new dipes/covers, but Jeremiah is outgrowing his PT FB's, and so I thought I'd check out what the latest and greatest was.

He is ~32" tall and ~26 lbs (14 months). He has monster thighs and the PT's are very tight on his thighs, so much so that I've quit putting him in the PT's. He started walking ~3 weeks ago. I also have a 1/2 dozen large FB's seconds that were seconds because they ran small and these fit pretty good, just a little high in the rise.

I have tried HH's and the med's I have still fit well (gettiing a little short in the rise), however I've had a horrible experience with repelling on the HH's (now resolved) and had terrible customer service from Linda, so I won't consider buying these again.

My questions:
1. Should I hang onto the PT's hoping that his thighs will trim down as he walks more? If this might happen, how long do you think it will take?

2. Babyblanket pocket dipes--these sound like a great value from the old posts I've read (and recent reviews)--how does the sizing compare to FuzziBunz? Can the suede cloth version be washed in All F&C (our reg det.)?

3. Any other pocket dipe suggestions?

TIA,

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03
and our 'first' Curie (6 year old Golden Retriever)

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-15-2004, 04:29 PM
I can't really answer many of your questions...
But wanted to say Tristan is about your sons size he too is right at 26 lbs if not alittle more and tall but he does not have big thighs (I don't think)...
We use the baby balnkets in large. She offered cross over tabs but I have not needed them.
I wash my babyblankets with regualr detergent...

I can't compare them to others since I have never even seen another pocket diaper.
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

smkinc
04-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Neve, thanks so much for the size compare, I'm pretty sure I'm going to try a 1/2 dozen BB's to round out my stash.

BTW--I asked about washing suede cloth on diaper pin and the maker of Wonderoos recommended against washing in 'free' detergents.

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03
and our 'first' Curie (6 year old Golden Retriever)

nitaghei
04-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Mary,

My DS is about the same height as yours, but much skinnier, so he actually has plenty of room in the PT FBs. Wendi recommended getting the large with crossover tabs for him. My guess is that a large should work fine for your DS. Definitely email her - she's terrific and very helpful.

Just got an email from her that my dipes were mailed out, so I should be able to post a better comparision next week. LMK.

ETA:

I just ordered a pocket dipe from Aherne at www.knickernappies.com - which also looks really good.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Did they say why????
I don't know if mine is "free" I need to check, I buy the huge plastic generic either Costco/Sams detergent...
Thank you I'll go check...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties