PDA

View Full Version : It's almost done!! (picture)

papal
04-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Sarah has almost completed Leela's WoolyBumBum soaker. Here is a preliminary picture! I cannot wait to get it and put dd in it! I am so looking forward to seeing her bum all summer long! :)
She says that it looks much better in real life... i can't wait!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4613.jpg

papal
04-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Sarah has almost completed Leela's WoolyBumBum soaker. Here is a preliminary picture! I cannot wait to get it and put dd in it! I am so looking forward to seeing her bum all summer long! :)
She says that it looks much better in real life... i can't wait!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4613.jpg

new_mommy25
04-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Oh goodness, that is so cute!! Now I have to get a crocheted cover. Thanks a lots Rashmi..lol!

jec2
04-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Rashmi, it is SO CUTE! I LOVE THE GREEN! DARLING, DARLING, DARLING!!!

Sarah sent sketches the other day for two covers and they are great. I almost went with a hand-dyed crocheted one but figured the expense would climb quickly. However, seeing yours makes me want to reconsider. Can I ask about how much the crocheted soaker is w/the applique?

papal
04-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Juliet, it would depend on the applique. The medium size soaker was $23. Just the piggy applique would have been $8. The piggy and the rug applique was $13. So the total was $36. I know, i know.. for a diaper cover.. i am insane.. but truly, she puts so much work into it that it is worth every penny! Plus i am going to be using it more like shorts for the whole summer... so i think it is completely worth it! I WISH i could get some more made... but i am going to wait till my diaper cash supplies build up OR I am going to learn to crochet! Oh, I talked to my mom and she said she is not able to find 100% wool anywhere (she lives in India).. so when she comes here she is going to be making soakers all day long! I will let you know and I am sure she will be happy to make some for anyone else who is interested! :)

houseof3boys
04-18-2004, 06:23 PM
OMG, that is the cutest one I have ever seen. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it Rashmi.

I might have to get one of these soakers that you guys rave about. :)

toomanystrollers
04-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Great idea for a cover Rashmi - put a smile on my face :) and the crochet work is beautiful!

sweetbasil
04-18-2004, 10:14 PM
That's adorable! I've been trying to relearn crocheting, but my learning curve isn't too impressive :( Maybe I'll decide to give wool a try this summer. Thanks for sharing- can't wait to see the finished product!

cvharris
04-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Rashmi - it is adorable. I love the green color and of course, your yoga piggy is just awesome. :)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

mommyj_2
04-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Rashimi,
That cover is so cool it makes me want to hang out with you!
I just love it.