PDA

View Full Version : So T loves emptying out dirty diapers-

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-18-2004, 02:27 PM
YIKES ....Tristan loves opening the sterilite can and the old time plastic diaper container and throwimng dirty diapers out!!!!!!!
He also loves staring at himself in the silver reflection of the can...

what is a cd'ing mommy to do:)
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-18-2004, 02:27 PM
YIKES ....Tristan loves opening the sterilite can and the old time plastic diaper container and throwimng dirty diapers out!!!!!!!
He also loves staring at himself in the silver reflection of the can...

what is a cd'ing mommy to do:)
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

crl
04-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Okay, so I don't feel so silly now. I saw a trash can at the Container Store the other day that opens with a foot pedal and would be VERY hard to open any other way. (The "lid" was two slick sides that slide together.) I actually thought about getting it for a diaper pail because I thought it would be hard for a toddler to open up . But it was like a hundred dollars so I didn't. Plus, I wasn't sure this was an actual concern. . . .

Thanks for making me feel better--and sorry you get to pick up dirty diapers over and over.

toomanystrollers
04-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Be warned - next he'll try flushing the dipes :)

C99
04-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Nathaniel does this too...but he takes them out, walks them around his room and then puts them back in. Taking anything out of a container and putting it back is one of his new favorite activities!

Melanie
04-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Ds went through an 'open the pail' stage. At first I just turned it around to have the button face the wall, then I put it on top of the changing table. After a while I'd take it down again until he noticed.

mommyj_2
04-19-2004, 04:03 AM
My little guy took his first steps earlier this month, and now he keeps trying to pull himself up and reach into the diaper pail.
I guess he'll soon be reaching in to pull the dipes out.
I love the image of Tristan staring at his reflection in the garbage pail. Too cute!

kitmama
04-19-2004, 01:35 PM
I use a diaper champ diaper pail for my cloth dipes. Actually, I was wondering if I'm alone in this, and if so why- it seems to work really well!

I use diaper service prefolds so I am able to roll them up small and tidy to fit through the top- I guess pocket dipes, AIOs etc might be too bulky for a Diaper Champ?

Anyway, my son's not even crawling yet but reading this thread I realized that we won't have this problem in the future! No toddler will get into the diaper champ.