PDA

View Full Version : Which diaper to upgrade to? BBs or KL 2s?

MartiesMom2B
04-19-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm daring to step back in the Baby Butt forum and I have one hand on my wallet. M seems like she's about to grow out of her Size 1s. With squirmy butt syndrome our KLs are easier to put on then CPFs. We're about to outgrow our Medium BB too. So I think I need to get about 6 diaps that DH can use and that I can throw on when she's just too much. KL 2s are $56.72 for a 6 pack. The new BBS are about $10 each right?

Advantages of KLs - no tax and flat shipping from Colleen at Natural Babies. A little bit more of a PIA to put on.

Advantages of BBs- If Wendy is in NC, which I suspect than I'll have to pay tax, they'll take longer to get in, and I'll have to buy inserts on top of the diapers.

As much as I'd love to have a huge diaper budget to spend, ultimately I'm buying something for my child to pee/poo in. I do frequent diaper changes. So I need something economical and functional that is DH and squirmy baby friendly.

Thoughts? Advice?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

toomanystrollers
04-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Sonia,
I'm going to vote for the BB pocket dipes - gotta love applix on those squiggly squirmers. I'm about to give up on Neve's fitteds for plain old prefolds and proraps. Lately she's impossible to change with her repeated flippity flips. :)

HTH

liya
04-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Im goign to vote for the BBs as well. Honestly i think the KL sz 2 will be huge on her bum LOL. And since you did so well last summer with proraps and CPFs then i think its ultimately the same thing...Why would you hve to get stuffers? Dont you have infant prefolds? Are they not cutting it? Can you mom send you some of those nicely home made ones? If you dont have anything to stuff them then i guess with the tax and stuffers i would go for the KL just because of their economy :)

HTH

MartiesMom2B
04-19-2004, 06:46 PM
My mom never got around to ordering the jersey hemp. Oh well. I do use the CPFs, but they are just too bulky. I do love to use the contours that you made as a stuffer. It's great. Liza is making inserts now too. . . hmmm.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

egoldber
04-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Sonia, you could also stuff the BB pcokets with the cheap microfiber towels. They are about $8 for 12 at Costco and $6 for 5 at Walmart. They also carry them at Target, in theory, although mine never seems to have them instock.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
04-19-2004, 08:20 PM
I vote for BB's. They are more flexible (can add stuffing if Martie becomes a heavy wetter) and will probably be trimmer - there's a big size difference between KLs size 1 and KLs size 2 (the 2's still seem big on Colin, much too poofy a butt)!

mharling
04-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Yes, the BB's are $9.99. I think I would recommend those too. Although, I suspect the Martie and Lane are similar in size and my debate about whether to get medium's or large's is neverending!!!

Do you need covers too? You didn't mention that, but obviously if you do and you go the KL route, I think you'll be looking at more $ than if you go with the BB's and cheap stuffin's. I love use the Wal-Mart microfiber towels.

Mary
Lane 4/6/03