PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite wool soaker?

sweetbasil
04-20-2004, 01:28 AM
After a hot Houston day, we're with Carolee and Ben and think we'll be looking for some alternatives to PUL this summer...we've yet to venture into the world of wool covers, so I wanted advice from mamas/babes who know it well.

What's your favorite soaker? Wool shorts? Maybe if we get one to try and like it, I can get the push I need to get back to crocheting after 10+ years and make more myself ;)

TIA,

cvharris
04-20-2004, 11:50 AM
I mostly use wool wraps but I do have a few soakers.

I haven't used my soakers enough yet to form an opinion on which brands I like best but I think others could definitely give you some recs, especially Michelle, since she has a lot of knowledge about that. I'm dying to use my soakers on Ben but since he is crawling a ton now, he gets rug burn on his knees, so I have been covering his legs up and thus using wraps more than soakers because they are going under his pants.

My fave wraps are the Easy wool by Fuzbaby (which are readily available now, I believe) and the wooly bully ones by Elbee Baby. I think the reason I like these best is that they are made to fit the fitteds we use (fireflies and elbees) so I get a really trim fit. If you e-mail Lori from Fuzbaby she can let you know what colors she has the easy wool available in. I also have a couple of Kiwi Pie wool cashmere covers that I just received and those are the softest ones I've ever felt. They are a serged style and I prefer bound edges, though, so I plan on selling one of the new Kiwi Pies I have. You can also find wraps at Sugar Peas, too.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

C99
04-20-2004, 03:17 PM
I don't like wool soakers for the most part, but I've only really ever tried an Aristocrat. Maybe others have better suggestions. I have tried quite a few wool covers and I really, really like the Wooly Bully cover from elbee baby and a wool cover that I have from Amber at Darling Diapers.