PDA

View Full Version : Back Snappi!

papal
04-20-2004, 12:58 PM
For those of you who are like me and struggle to keep the baby on her back during a diaper change... try to snappi at the back!!
Yes, i now do a bikini twist and snappi at the back, not the front. Everyone is happy. :)
Rear coverage is not very adequate so I am not sure what poop-containment issues we will have, but for a pee, it is fine.

Can anyone think of any disadvantages of doing it this way? Dd seems comfortable so far.

PS: She used to listen to a 'NO' or a 'STAY' when she tried to turn around during a diaper change but no longer cares for this and laughs when we say 'STAY'. <sigh>

mudder17
04-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Do you have a picture? How do you snappi at the back? Do you just change the baby on her stomach?

We haven't had much luck with the bikini twist because of poop-containment issues, but as you said, for pee, it works just fine. When you snappi in the back, do you have any problems with leakage around the legs? I say this only because when we use the angel fold, and snappi in the front, the leg gussets are on the back. I assume if we were to reverse the process, we would end up having leakage in the back. Just a thought.

Heh, heh, just thinking about the contrariness of babies when they learn what 'No' means and decides to do the opposite. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

liya
04-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Dude your so ingenious!! TAKE PICTURES!! Otherwise i wont know what im doing LOL

papal
04-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Wish i could snap a picture but we are still using a non-digital camera!!
Ok to answer your questions:
-Yes, i change her on her stomach. So i lay the diaper under her, bikini twist and snappi at the back. Same as you would do for the front side.
- No pee leakage problems and no POOP leakage either (it was a small one, so not a real test!).
- I always gusset (manually) everything around her thighs... does that make sense... tuck tuck tuck. This gives it much more trimness too.

The poop cleanup was a little tricky since the snappi is now at the back (and the poop is usually at the back). It required some maneuvering and holding down, but it was not too bad!
--
Ok, i have to finish researching this digital camera thing.... it is taking me forever to decide on which one to buy!!! and i am spending a small fortune on developing film!!

mudder17
04-20-2004, 04:15 PM
What a cool idea! So when she's on her stomach, is she that much easier to change or is it that she wants to be on her stomach? :)

This is OT, but we really like the Canon PowerShot S30 that we have.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

papal
04-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Oh, she just wants to be on her stomach. If i have her on her back, no matter how firmly i hold her, she turns around. It was getting pretty tedious.
In terms of ease, if i had a choice, the usual way (front snappi) is easier. I don't think you will need to back snappi for a while with your wee one! :)

Thanks for the camera info. i will go check it out! :)