PDA

View Full Version : for the beach - disposable swim diapers or reuseable?

LucyG
04-20-2004, 10:39 PM
We will be taking two beach trips this summer, and I have no idea which would be better, diaper-wise. My DD will be 16 months old for these trips. I'm thinking that a reuseable swim diaper would save money, as we will probably go into the water more than once each day. If I go that route, do I need more than one, or are they easy to wash by hand? Or, would it just be easier to get some disposable ones and toss them? Last summer we used disposable swim diapers, but she only went in the pool about four times! Thanks!

mmaimp
04-21-2004, 08:44 AM
I asked this question a few weeks ago and most posters recommended The adjustable swim diapers from One Step Ahead. I actually just ordered them this week and they should be here today. The washable swim diapers I’ve seen at BRU and target seem like potty training pants. The OSA diapers look more like a cloth diaper. They are popular and some sizes and colors are back ordered till the end of the month. There is a code in the bargain’s forum for 15% off.

Here is the link:
http://tinyurl.com/3euhp

lizajane
04-21-2004, 10:10 AM
i have heard that some folks use pocket diapers without an insert as a swim diaper. we may try it this summer.