PDA

View Full Version : I am in LOVE with the ELBEE dipe!!!!

papal
04-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks again Lori!!!
This is the bestest, most trimmest, most softest, most well-made dipe i have EVER seen. Gosh, it is just a piece of art. I am praying that Leela does not poop in it!!!! How I wish I could have an entire stash of just these. I can't remember, but i think I got the burley terry, and seriously you guys, it is as soft as a cloud!!!!

houseof3boys
04-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Ooooh, I'm so happy you love it. I can't wait to get mine that Linda ordered for us! :)

papal
04-21-2004, 10:28 AM
It has this stretch to it, that makes the fit so snug and perfect!!! You are going to LOVE it Debbi !!
IF anyone has their number with Elbee come up, and want to share their bakers dozen, PLEASE PLEASE count me in!!!!!!

cvharris
04-21-2004, 10:44 AM
I think I have a number coming up soon (#186) for a couple bakers dozen, LOL! No way I can afford to buy that many but I plan to get some more dipes. I'll let you know when I get contacted if you want to buy some, too. Anyone is welcome, PM me and I'll keep you updated.

BTW, I still haven't received the three diapers and cover I ordered wtih #139, but they have been shipped. It does take about two months from the time your number comes up for the stuff to get into your hands.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

liya
04-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Laura said MONDAY, she has been catching up on alot lately!! Im waiting anxiously to see you all's diapers :)all the colors have to be sooo pretty!!!!

houseof3boys
04-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the update!!!! :)

jec2
04-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Oh, I am SO embarrassed to admit that I haven't even tried mine on Finn yet. What am I thinking. I'll go do that right away. But, I agree, I got a Burley Terry and it so wonderfully soft.

Momof3Labs
04-21-2004, 05:55 PM
I admit that it took me a while to put Colin's on him - just the idea of wrapping him bum in a $20+ dipe!! But they are wonderful, aren't they? I just hope that the binding holds up better than our first El Bees - the binding is a mess on those!

toomanystrollers
04-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Carolee,
If I lived a lot closer, I'd be heading to your house for an INTERVENTION LOL :)

sweetbasil
04-21-2004, 08:06 PM
>Thanks again Lori!!!
>This is the bestest, most trimmest, most softest, most
>well-made dipe i have EVER seen. Gosh, it is just a piece of
>art. I am praying that Leela does not poop in it!!!! How I
>wish I could have an entire stash of just these. I can't
>remember, but i think I got the burley terry, and seriously
>you guys, it is as soft as a cloud!!!!

No kidding, Rashmi...these dipes are beautiful. I don't ever remember looking so closely at a dipe I'd received! And wouldn't ya know it, Charlie loved his first wearing his organic cotton elbee so much that he decided to make it a poopy one :(

cvharris
04-21-2004, 08:59 PM
LOL! I actually only own a few elbees right now, but I am waiting for some more b/c we desperately need some fitteds for summer.

But yeah, I love these dipes. :)

jec2
04-21-2004, 09:11 PM
These are so wonderful on! Wow. The meds. are a little loose (I could probably use a cross-over snap) on Finn, but that means longevity of use! Thank goodness I got the gussets or else these would have to wait for Finn's little thighs to thicken :) But I love them.

calebsmama03
04-22-2004, 06:52 PM
We really like ours too, and I'm totally an AIO type of gal! These are so trim, now I need to seek out more covers to use with them. I wish I could remember what fabric I ordered - either hemp french or knit terry. My order number is way off, though, so it may not even matter. Perhaps will order with another mama (if it's offered) then whenever my # comes up will reciprocate :)

Lori - you have me wondering about the binding, though, as ours is looking "pilly" after just 2 washes. I hope it's not an indicator of things to come....
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

Momof3Labs
04-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Lynne, you got hemp french terry. Now I'm worried about the binding, too. I thought that maybe Laura had posted that she fixed that, but maybe not...

cvharris
04-22-2004, 11:07 PM
At the risk of exposing myself as the el bee fanatic that I am...:)

I have talked to Laura about binding wear, as I have heard about bindings wearing and was concerned about the life of these diapers. She told me she's started to (as of about a month ago) reinforce the elastic areas underneath the binding so wearing won't be much of a problem with the newer diapers. As for why the binding is the way it is, she says that the binding is made out of very very thin cotton rib knit for trimness. I imagine if it were thicker it would wear into baby's thighs.

I asked her what can be done about binding holes if they happen. For covers, this should not happen as long as taken care of properly, but if it does occur, any holes in a wool cover binding should be able to be darned with a needle and thread. As for diapers, she said that from past experience, by the time holes wear into the binding, it's so thin around the hole that the only way to repair it is to sew another piece of binding over it.

In any case, she seems to have excellent customer service. From the three diapers that I have, I think the ones made of stiffer fabrics (like hemp/cotton, for example) would cause binding holes to occur more than diapers made of the stretchier fabrics.

liya
04-23-2004, 12:15 AM
Almost all the diapers with bidnings wear thiss way.. thats what happens to the fuz baby diapers . They do look excellently made but for some reason(be it reinforced or not) the binding always tends to wear out faster when compared to other diapers.....My question is..Wonder why it doesnt happen so fast to the ME OS diapers?

calebsmama03
04-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Thanks Lori! That's what I thought, but it feels softer than the HFT that I bought to make soakers with.

Hopefully the bindings will hold up OK. Thanks for the info Carolee :)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

toomanystrollers
04-23-2004, 08:03 AM
I wonder if the ME OS bindings are a cotton/poly blend like the body of the dipe? It may explain why the ME bindings can take such a beating.

HTH

liya
04-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Good point..and soo True!! hummmmm......

Momof3Labs
04-23-2004, 04:57 PM
I think that I've heard that reasoning before. Makes sense, I think!