todzwife
04-21-2004, 07:19 PM
It's mint sherpa :) mmmm...sherpa :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4766.jpg

And heres one of him helping me :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4768.jpg

liya
04-21-2004, 07:39 PM
He is soo precious!! Dont you just love your new snap press!! HA HA HA..didnt we like talk today about that and you already made a diape and used it!! K..Now im totally envying the sherpa i need to order fabric asap...

That is an EXCELLENT diaper!! And one gorgeous helper!

cvharris
04-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Wow, that looks great! Great job, Shandelle! And Dallin is such a cutie. :)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

sweetbasil
04-21-2004, 09:19 PM
That dipe is gorgeous, Shandelle, and I could just squeeze those little thighs of his! ;)

toomanystrollers
04-21-2004, 09:41 PM
So in a year or so, I expect Shandelle to be an up-and-coming diaper wahm :)

jec2
04-21-2004, 10:43 PM
And, letting her fellow BBB's get the first heads-up on her stockings!

What a beautiful diaper. But tell us more...were/are you a proficient sewer? Do you have a serger? Or just a sewing machine? Did you copy the pattern from one of your favorite diapers? How easy/hard was it?

papal
04-21-2004, 10:43 PM
OMG!! Shandelle, you actually MADE that!!!! GIRL, you need to start your own business!!!! That is beautiful!!! Gosh darn it... i wish I knew how to sew!
And Dallin is looking so grown up.. is he actually able to SIT??? He is such a cutie!!!

todzwife
04-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks ladies :)
I didn't really know how to sew a whole lot, but I keep practicing and getting better. Diapers are pretty easy, the hardest part is the elastic in the legs. Lastin is harder to work with than regular elastic because it is flat and you can't feel it when you are sewing over it. But I got lastin really cheap so that's what I am using. I traced a pattern of my favorite diapers and just tweaked them till I got what I wanted. Of course, all my diapers are different sizes right now because I am trying to make one that fits really well. This was the best one so far...I do have some REALLY ugly ones! LOL! I am working on a side snap pocket (both lt windpro and PUL). The one I made Saturday is a little narrower than I like it, but I tested it at church and it lasted the whole 3 hours! I am still waiting on most of my fabric, but my snap press came today and it is wonderful! If I ever have time, I might sew some extras to sell, but really I don't see how WAHM's do it! I barely get sewing and Dallin needs something! LOL! I'll keep you all updated, and *possibly* make some to sell on the BBB list. :)
Luv ya all!

pritchettzoo
04-21-2004, 11:42 PM
That is so impressive, Shandelle!

Is "Mmmmmm, sherpa" said like "Mmmmm, doughnuts" by any chance? ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

todzwife
04-22-2004, 02:10 AM
>
>Is "Mmmmmm, sherpa" said like "Mmmmm, doughnuts" by any
>chance? ;)
>

Tee-hee! yeah :)

new_mommy25
04-22-2004, 03:33 AM
beautiful!

mommyj_2
04-22-2004, 04:40 AM
I'm totally impressed! Your little guy is so cute! I love the mint dipe.

daisymommy
04-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Oh my goodness! What a great job! I couldn't possible begin to make something that even resembled a diaper ;) I expect to see some dipes on the BBB biz boards someday! Have fun! And BTW, where did you get the snap press? Was it much?

calebsmama03
04-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Wow, Shandelle! That is awesome! I've been making soakers and wipes, but they are quite ugly. You look like a pro! Did you just zigzag the edges? It's hard to tell in the pic. I've been thinking I should get the courage to sew up more and experiment with some pattern tweaking. I LOVE some new dipes we just got and want to try to make something similar for myself....
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

nitaghei
04-23-2004, 10:58 AM
SOOOOOO cute!

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

starrynight
04-23-2004, 11:10 PM
I love it Shandelle, you did a great job! And that is one cute helper you got there also ;).

I tried to sew some wipes today and it was less than pretty I tell ya LOL.