PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Diapers-BB Question

mum1day
04-23-2004, 09:50 AM
DH and I have decided to go with BB for our diapers. We are only going to use Pocket Diapers for ease of use (with stuffins).

Here is my question: How many should I buy if this will be our exlusive diaper? I would like to place my order this weekend, so any help is greatly appreciated. My DD will be 8 weeks on Monday and currently weighs 11.6 pounds and is 24".

How many stuffins do I buy?

The thread on CD 101 was so helpful in answering all of my questions. Thank you so much for starting that!

Momof3Labs
04-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Have you tried one already? If not, please try a couple before placing a big order since not all diapers fit all babies. And, at that age, you need to worry about getting a good, snug fit around the legs.

Once you know these work for you, you have to decide how often you will do laundry. If you do it every two days, I'd say that you need 16-20 dipes, depending on how often your baby poops.

mum1day
04-23-2004, 10:29 AM
You make an excellent point. I'll order one and go from there. I do laundry about every 2 days anyway and she's quite a pooper! ;-)

sweetbasil
04-23-2004, 11:56 AM
If you're trying a couple of pockets, I'd definitely consider checking out the www.knickernappies.com stocking on Monday (also mentioned in a post today by nitaghei) for a try-me diaper. They're usually about $8, have cross-over snaps for longer wear as baby grows, and are really well made. They're made much like FuzziBunz, except the fleece is a little thicker, and FBs don't offer that crossover snap in front. Oh, and Aherne is really sweet to work with, too. I'd heard raves about her dipes on MDC and bought one, then five more, and am so glad we have them!

JMHO ;)