PDA

View Full Version : Help! repelling fleece

liksmom
04-26-2004, 12:39 AM
Mamas I need help. I know this subject is probably on the board somewhere but I havent been able to find it. My fleece is repelling!! So if someone can point me to the thread or just tell me what to so it will stop being water resistant I would really appreciate it. I know I might have to wash the fleece stuff in a different detergent or something. I currently wash all my dipes with Bio-Kleen.

TIA- Gloria

marinkitty
04-26-2004, 01:05 AM
Gloria -

I'm FAR from an expert and I'm sure more experienced mamas will have great suggestions, but I read (on Punkinbutt I think) that you should not use Bio-Kleen on FB or HH dipes. I wonder if it is b/c of the fleece lining? It may have nothing to do with it, but I recall seeing that a day or so ago.

HTH!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

liksmom
04-30-2004, 02:09 AM
Holly
Thanks! You were right there is some information on Punkinbutt. They suggest no Bio-Kleen on fleece..it WILL cause it to repel. I am living proof of that :-) Anyway found a thread on mdc that gave suggestions on how to strip fleece. I now have some sport-wash (from Walmart) and dish washing liquid on hand. I plan on trying to strip my fleece this weekend.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Gloria