PDA

View Full Version : Help with liner for BF newborn

sareva
04-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Baby is about 4 weeks old and when she sleeps (which is increasingly rare these days thanks to GERD and colic) she will go for 5 hours, sometimes even 6. I cannot bring myself to wake her -- really. I'm too exhausted. And so sometimes she gets irritated or rash-y. What liners do you all recommend for a non-formula baby (at this point)? My mom visited and brought some white fleece from a fabric store -- I had told her to get polar fleece (vs. windpro or windbloc) that I could cut to fit, but I know some babies don't do well with fleece. Did I tell her to get the right material? Is there something better? Thanks so much. Porbably won't be able to post a follow-up b/c have to hold the baby upright for 1-2 hours after every slow feed, but I will check in for responses, and I do really, really appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Sarah
Mom to Zoe 3-28-04
God Bless Diaper Service

daisymommy
04-29-2004, 09:33 AM
She got the right kind! Just cut it into long rectangles to lay in the diaper. Wash it first though. What kind of diaper do you have her in? It needs to be absorbent enough or she will feel wet. My son is too old for me to know what kind of overnight diaper you will need for an infant, but I'm sure someone here can answer that question for you.
Just wanted to let you know that my DS had colic and reflux to, and I survived to tell you that it does get better! I have several tips that may make life a little easier. Please feel free to email me at [deleted]
Good Luck, and hang in there!

sareva
04-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for responding! I have Zoe in CPFs from the diaper service and Kissaluvs. I think that with these options, she'll feel wet no matter what I do (frankly, it doesn't seem to bother *her* any) but I'd like to reduce it as much as possible during the long stretches. I have a couple of things to take care of before she needs to feed/vomit/scream again, but I'll email soon.
Sarah