PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize your stash?

calebsmama03
04-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Now that I'm getting enough of a stash to actually have some "not in use" I'm trying to figure out how to organize and store my CD stash. I used to barely get them out of the dryer before they were all used up again, so I never took em out of the laundry basket :) Right now I don't use a changing table - the changing pad is on the counter between the double sinks in out master bath, which is convenient for changing, but no real storage available. I've seen some of the MDC threads showing changing tables stuffed to the gills with baskets of fluff, but I'm wondering what else mams do?
Thanks!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

new_mommy25
04-29-2004, 02:58 PM
I fold the all and store them in a plastic laundry basket. Not very exciting or pretty I'm afraid!

starrynight
04-29-2004, 03:24 PM
I keep some in a diaper stacker downstairs in a closet and a few stacked upstairs on the dresser,it's not pretty but functional enough.
But with 2 in cloth and my stash getting bigger I'm half crazy enough to get a changing table eventhough I haven't had one in years and don't care for them much.

papal
04-29-2004, 05:14 PM
I have 3 under-shelf wire baskets (orange ones from ikea.. $3 each) that go under a shelf on the wall. Similar to this one but deeper.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5150.jpg
In the first one, i roll up the regular size prefolds and store them. In the second one (next to first one), i roll up infant size prefolds and store them. In the third basket (stacked below second one), i put the folded wipes. Now that i have the sterilite container (thanks again Angie!).. i store some wet wipes in there.
The changing table is on top of the dresser. The top dresser drawer has all the fitteds, extra prefolds, covers, doublers, wet-bags etc. The diaper-can is next to the changing table (below the wire baskets!). I wish i had a digi-cam, i would have taken a pic. :)

kelle1996
04-29-2004, 06:27 PM
I store mine in the packnplay with the changing table attachtment above the diapers. I have pretty much turned the whole thing into "the changing area" It is very convienent, not the original use of the pnp butit works for now. Later I plan to use our mini Arms reach co-sleeper as the chaning area.

Melanie
04-29-2004, 06:48 PM
I stack them on the shelve under the changing table (that we dont' use anymore). I stack them by brand b/c they stack better then a little space and nightime and then AIO. On the bottom shelf, which is always messy except right after I straighten it, I have a stack of liners, doublers, wet bags, prefolds, covers (by type: wool/soaker/synthetic) and some other diapers I don't want Dh to use (like cute embroidered ones that are too huge to wear under clothes).

C99
04-29-2004, 09:55 PM
I have a three-bin vertical Trofast unit from IKEA. I put pocket dipes and AIOs in the first two bins and fill the bottom bin with everything else: covers, fitteds and PFs.

jec2
04-30-2004, 12:06 AM
I have a "combo" changing table (the one with the two levels) and there is a cupboard that extends the length of the taller side (make sense?) Inside that cupboard there are two shelves and I have the ALL the diaper paraphanelia in there. I too stack according to brand. However, my brands are fairly limited. SP's, FB's and CPF's mostly with a few sprinklings of a few others :) I do have a wipes warmer on the dresser for a day's worth of wipes.