PDA

View Full Version : Strange pee question

houseof3boys
05-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Didn't know where to post this, but knew you guys would answer it.

So I go to change Ryan this afternoon( after about 2 hours in the dipe and one nursing session right after I put it on him) and the diaper was bone dry. I thought it was odd and since he was squirming and fussing, I said well I'll just leave it on him and check it in an hour. An hour later and another nursing session and a meal with a few sips of water, it was still dry. Now here we are at 4 hours later and about to have naked time before bed and I swear not an ounce of pee has touched these dipes. What gives?

He has not nursed any less than usual and nothing is out of the norm with him (except grouchiness from another tooth on top I think). Not that it matters, but it was a SP hemp dipe so very easy to tell if it has been peed on!

TIA

RiaHannam
05-03-2004, 01:30 AM
That happened to me today! Taggert went over 5 hrs without peeing! He ate a big lunch, nursed a couple times an even had 4 oz of juice and was still dry! He finally went an hr after that though it was not a lot (he is in disposables). However I expect a very full diaper in the morning.

I have no idea why - he is not a real heavy wetter but this was like you said.. bone dry! I'm not too worried as I know he is getting enough liquids. However when I saw your post I just had to let you know that it is happening here too.

toomanystrollers
05-03-2004, 08:15 AM
FWIW, Neve's done this too - maybe it's age related and they're just figuring out how to hold the pee LOL

parkersmama
05-03-2004, 01:53 PM
I agree with Pam. AG has done it off and on as well. Must just be a stage. :) I wouldn't worry unless he stops all together or seems to be in pain!