PDA

View Full Version : naked butt time with a squirmy baby

CMC
05-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for naked time with a baby who is becoming mobile. Since she was a wee thing I have done naked butt time for about 1/2 hour before bed each night and now she is rolling and creeping all over the place. Kind of hard to prevent wet spots on the floor when I have a tough time keeping her on the small waterproof mat. I don't want to eliminate the precious airing out of the tush, but I don't want pee on my carpet either! Any ideas?

houseof3boys
05-04-2004, 08:39 AM
You know, in all of the 9 months we have been doing this with Ryan, he has only peed on the rug twice! He is now 11 months old and we have long down away with the waterproof mat.

We just risk it everyday and since it is such a rare occurrence, it wont' bother me to clean up a little pee on the rug. I can't think of any way to prevent a crawler/walker from peeing every once in a while. :)

amp
05-04-2004, 11:01 AM
We used to do it on a blanket on the kitchen floor, so if he went off the blanket, as he always did, he was still on the vinyl floor. That said, he never peed on that floor, but has managed to spray the carpet during dipe changes 2-3x!

marinkitty
05-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Well, we just let her run around naked and almost every night she pees on the floor. Luckily, we have mainly hardwood (and marble in the bathroom) so it is very easy to clean up. She has gotten an area rug once or twice and I just soak it up and spray some carpet cleaner on it. Not a big deal - though if she did it every night it would be. One other thing we've done is buy a lot of those foam jigsaw mats (we got them back when she was learning to crawl and the hardwood was so slippery). We have a big area in our family room that has these and they are easy to clean - just wipe right up. Maybe you could use something like that to cover a larger area if your whole house is carpeted?

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

s7714
05-04-2004, 11:39 PM
I always have naked time right after DD's bath--combination air drying time and tush exposure. I figure if she's going to pee, it's probably going to happen in the warm bath before she's running around. To date she's only peed once and it wasn't very much (on the carpet none the less). But, I guess after cleaning up all the cat puke/hairballs and baby spit up that has dotted my carpet in the past, I just haven't been that concerned with cleaning up any little wet pee spots that might happen!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03