PDA

View Full Version : If your child was sensitive to Tide laundry det. what would you use on your diapers instead?

chlobo
05-04-2004, 11:02 AM
looking for help.

daisymommy
05-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Sun, or Era are cheap, and have been recommended on other diapering boards as detergents that get diapers clean but don't leave a build up/residue. I have heard that you shouldn't use anything with the "color-shield" in it because it can leave a residue (that protects colors from fading, but makes diapers less absorbent). Products I know of that have the color-shield are Cheer, Purex, Surf, and some types of ALL. Geesh, that's practically everything out there!

liya
05-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Sun or gain :)

Zansu
05-04-2004, 01:31 PM
According to my dermatologist, Tide is the worst detergent in terms of reactions. So skin-wise, anything else you try should be easier on the skin.

parkersmama
05-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Really? I seem to have fewer problems with buildup when I'm using Purex than when I'm using Tide. I might have to give Sun a try...sounds good and cheap!

starrynight
05-05-2004, 05:24 PM
I have a sensitive kid and purex or dynamo works just fine on the diapers and doesn't break her out. And as far as I can tell no stink or repelling issues either.

RHN
05-06-2004, 04:59 AM
My pediatric dermatologist suggests using All Clear and Free laundry detergent for kids with sensitive skin.