PDA

View Full Version : All kinds of fluffy mail

nitaghei
05-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Got my Daisy Doodles last week - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!! I swear these are trimmer than disposables. These are absolutely the best!

Got wipes from Lucy's Hope Chest - very, very nice. They satisfy my need for something mimimalist with a touch of cute, and the price was great.

Got email from Wendi that my last order of 3 BB's is on the way.

Last week was pretty rotten, and this week doesn't seem to be much better, so the fluffy mail's the only thing I have to cheer me up.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

mommyj_2
05-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Sorry you've been having a bad week. It must be going around, because my week has been crappy so far. DS had a 104 degree fever, and he's still not better even though his fever is gone.
There's nothing like fluff to cheer a girl up, is there?! I still haven't tried Daisy Doodles. What colors/pirnts did you get?

sweetbasil
05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm so glad you've got great fluffy mail arriving to cheer you up, Nita, and would love to see pics if you get a chance.

While I'm not sure if this is a "fluffy mail roll call," I'll go ahead and share b/c I'm absolutely giddy....

PUL is waaaayyy too hot for little Charlie in Houston, esp. while we're out and about during the day, so I've decided to try wool and ipfs for the summertime. We got a pair of soaker shorts from Green Mountain Wee Woolies that arrived yesterday and it's loooove ;)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5382.jpg

And I just checked www.bridgetssoakers.com (for the 100th time today) as I knew she was adding custom slots, and we got one! Woo-hoo! I'm so ditzy, I forgot to include measurements and specs in my order, but e-mailed her right away. How fun :D If this wool adventure works out (it's great, so far!) I'll really have to brush up on crocheting. Heck, maybe I'll have MIL teach me to knit- we'll call it a bonding experience; DH will love that!

This must be the rush that accompanies addictions- I've never been so excited about snatching up a slot before! The adrenaline that rushes through a mama's body while getting a CD- oooh, how fun! ;) And to top it all off, Bridget just e-mailed me that I found the slots even before she announced them...yipeeee!

toomanystrollers
05-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Julie,
I just checked out Bridget's site - I love those Fair Isle soakers :) So whatcha ya getting?

toomanystrollers
05-04-2004, 07:32 PM
A little fluff always lightens the mood :) Neve has a Daisy Doodle too and I still can't believe it actually fits - it looks like a thong compared to the rest of her dipes LOL

sweetbasil
05-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Well...I'm thinking a light blue and white striped soaker, maybe with monkeys or bees on the back? I'm indecisive as to what details to choose, and would still like to get a rainbow or variegated soaker from one other site. Whatcha think?

nitaghei
05-05-2004, 10:33 AM
I just got solid colors:
seaspray with off-white
citron with off-white (this was supposed to be citron/charcoal, but Christa ran out of the charcoal)
and
royal blue with citron

The seaspray is a really pretty bluish green, and the citron is a bright yellow. Both are very gender neutral. I also got extra inserts, and they work well. The microfiber Christa uses is really nice and soft.

BTW - you ladies would be proud of me. I had to hang around the airport for hours on Monday waiting for my parents to get in (and cursing Air Canada), and I used CDs. The Daisy Doodles are nice and compact, and great for the diaper bag.

Nita

nitaghei
05-05-2004, 10:34 AM
That is sooooooo cute!!

Nita

starrynight
05-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Those are adorable!!! I am gonna get some wool too because I know the pul will be too hot for the girls this summer also. I can crochet but I need to brush up a bit, knitting makes me curse so I gave up on that LOL.

As for mail, I got a few things in the past few days but I'm still waiting on about 3 packages, 1 is just snappis and the other 2 are stuff from swaps/mdc tp.

downwarddog
05-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Julie,
That picture of the turtle butt is the cutest EVER!

Since I'm still so new to this, I don't quite understand what a "soaker" is... could you fill me in?

And I hadn't thought about temperature much! I'm due in Sept and I live in NH so it's going to get cold pretty fast. I love fleece & wanted to try that and PUL, but during summer, I guess I'm thinking that fleece will be too hot? Maybe not around here:-) I've always been super sensitive to wool so the thought of carrying my babe around feeling wool all day doesn't thrill me;-( I'll have to research more, I guess.

Thanks for that darling picture!
~Lenore