PDA

View Full Version : What little free gifts have you gotten from WAHMs and appreciated?

pritchettzoo
05-06-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm starting a little baby store website, and I'd like to make purchases special. The only thing I've bought that stands out in my mind is from Jack's Magic Beanstalk--the covers came wrapped in a piece of pretty tissue with a little stuffed cow and a soap sample.

I'd love to hear some things you've appreciated or even ideas you may have!

I'm posting here because I figure the Butts crowd frequents WAHMs more often. And I will be carrying some diaper stuff, so it fits in a very roundabout manner... I hope this is an okay question. Please let me know if I need to remove this post.

Thanks, mamas!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

sweetbasil
05-06-2004, 05:35 PM
I got a really cool pen (I know, just a pen- and I've gotten several from other WAHMs) from http://www.sugarbums.com/ but this one was different- it was made of 100% recycled products. Very cool- a brown paper label, a wooden stick for a pen clip, etc.

And Trisha from www.lilbunz.com has thrown in Pail Pals a couple of times- I really like these more than the citrus disks.

All the best, Anna! :D

lizajane
05-06-2004, 05:57 PM
colleen at natural babies throws in a sample of something else she sells. i LOVE it. i have gotten citrus circles (been meaning to order more JUST because of the sample she sent), a kissaluv wipe (would have gotten more if i didn't make my own- loved it), some burt's bees toothpaste (ok, didn't like it) and some burts bees lotion (didn't like it either, but my mom loved it!).

so definitely a small thing that you sell so that people will want to buy more from you!!

i was thinking i would put a wipe or two in every purchase if i ever start an official wahm site. (well, after i start making super wipes. my first attempt isn't so hot.)

jec2
05-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I love the pen I got from fluffymail.com (I think that is where it is from) I keep it in the diaper bag and it is bright with multi-colored flowers.

ETA:

I've also received discount coupons for a future purchase. I haven't used them yet, but I know with one of them I definately will. I think the discount is 5 or 10%. I think that is a great way to get a return shopper :)

papal
05-06-2004, 07:11 PM
When i got a Bumpy Wool from Colleen (naturalbabies), she sent a little sample packet of Eucalan. I thought that was so sweet and useful!
I also got a little packet of Baby Bee Buttermilk Bath.. i forget from whom.. LOVED it.. used it this past weekend in NYC. Yum.
I think Lucy Hope Chest sent me a little soap bar once.. it smelt heavenly.. LOVED it.
I also love it when they tie diapers or wipes in nice tissue with a litte ribbon.. just makes it extra special. :)

hellokitty
05-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Hmmm, I've gotten a sample of burt bee's baby soap, a nice pen (my fav one to use at home, lol), a velour wipe, and homemade scented candles. All of them were such a treat and I liked it. I think that if you throw in a little of anything extra that your clients will really appreciate the gesture. I think the pen and candle were personally my fav, something for the mom to use, you KWIM?

stillplayswithbarbies
05-06-2004, 10:55 PM
I have to say that I don't like the soap samples. The fragrance in them is so strong it makes all the diapers smell. The last one I got was some apple scent that gave me a headache.

The little cow was cute though. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

egoldber
05-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Personally, I don't like to get anything scented. I am sensitive to fragrances and frequently am annoyed at the scents getting all over everything else I ordered.

I do like getting samples of wipes and other things. Colleen once included a free small blankie from Mother of Eden (they don't carry it anymore) and Sarah adores it as a doll blankie. But that was a big order, and I don't ever expect anything that large.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
05-06-2004, 11:23 PM
I get lots of Burts Bees stuff that I just pile in my linen closet. We don't use much fragranced stuff around here, either, so that stuff is definitely out for me. I've gotten lots of wipes samples over time and use them, so I like that idea. Some sort of pen or magnet (maybe a magnetic clip?) might be nice - to keep your website in front of someone's eyes a little longer.

chlobo
05-07-2004, 09:45 AM
I've gotten wipes from several different wahms. The two I liked best were sherpa/velour wipes. The ones I received were white but a patterned wipe would have been cute too. I just wish there was a tag on them cause I really like them and would love to order some but have forgorren who sent them.

cvharris
05-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Hmmm...I've also received a ton of soaps and never used any of them. We are also sensitive to fragrances in this house.

The best gifts I've received are wipes, hemp doublers and a bib. These were things we have really put to use. I do think that wipes are probably the best option. They are relatively inexpensive to make, and are useful for more than baby butts. I have some exclusively for the bath, some for each of my diaper bags, and others exclusively for messy hands, runny noses and dirty faces! :)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

papal
05-07-2004, 09:23 PM
I noticed that many of you gals do not like the soaps the WAHMs send out. I LOVE THEM. If you want to unload the ones you have.. let me know! I will pay shipping! :)

Sorry for the hijack Anna!

jmofarrill
05-09-2004, 12:58 PM
I've received tons of Burt's Bees and Lansinoh and wool wash samples. I've also received tons of wipes from WAHMs. I have several FluffyMail pens and a pen from Sugarbums. I do love the soap samples, but I'm not thrilled with the diaper pail disks; the scents on the disks are way too overpowering for me. One WAHM sent a free snappi w/ my cpf order in addition to a candle. My favorites, though, were hand-dyed playsilks from both FluffyMail and Mosaic Moon. Anwyn has eight playsilks in beautiful colors and all of them were freebies!

MartiesMom2B
05-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Anna:

I think the best things are samples of what was offered from the WAHM. I got a nice washcloth from Colleen and also a Burts Bees lotion that I've used on Martie in the winter.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03