PDA

View Full Version : Help with Stuffins for BB

mum1day
05-06-2004, 06:19 PM
I just bought two BB pockets to try them out as my first CD. I'm so excited!

I need some advice on stuffins. My DD is a wetter. How many will I need for each dipe? (My thoughts: 2 during the day and 3 overnight).

TIA

lizajane
05-06-2004, 08:52 PM
depends on what you are using to stuff. what do you have in mind?

mum1day
05-07-2004, 09:08 AM
I was thinking along the lines of something like JoeyBunz hemparoos. But, don't you make some? I thought I read someone raving about them yesterday. I would love some suggestions as I'm a newbie to this whole CD thing.

Thank you!

nitaghei
05-07-2004, 02:33 PM
I've been using JB Hemparoos, MOE microfiber inserts and microfiber towels as inserts for the BBs.

For a heavy wetter, the JB Hemparoos would be great. My DS is a light to moderate wetter, so I can get by with 2 microfiber towels even for naps - but you might want to try 3 for naps, and 2 otherwise. I've been using 1 JB Hemparoo with one MOE insert and 1 towel for night, and I could probably just use the JB and MOE - but that's my DS.

You can buy the microfiber towels in the auto supplies section at Target and Walmart. My Target recently had a 6 pack for $5.99. The colors bleed, so soak them in hot water first, or wash them separately.

I'm waiting on BB inserts from Lisa - they sound awesome!!

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

lizajane
05-07-2004, 03:00 PM
i can't talk about my inserts here, since self promotion is "against the law." LOL. you can email me (if it is legal to say that much??)

but here is what we have been doing:
nighttime-one infant prefold and one hemperoo
daytime-2 walmart microfiber towels
i don't like using two hemperoos for night or day. it just doesn't seem to work for me. i get leaks out the side somehow, as though the pee repels off them because they are kinda stiff. but with the infant prefold to "catch" the pee as it comes and then the hemperoo for it to soak into, we haven't had any trouble at night. but i know plenty of folks use two hemperoos for nighttime (or three for a super soaker) without any trouble.
i can say that i am making inserts for myself because i wanted a more absorbant, better fit.