PDA

View Full Version : How can I tell the difference between an aio and just a fitted?

ivparker
05-10-2004, 10:52 AM
I am expecting my baby soon and have purchased many different diapers but now I can't keep them straight. I don't know which one is a AIO and which one is just a fitted and would need a cover. I did keep all my invoices and plan on going through them all and seperating aio with fitteds but I was wondering if there was a way that you could just tell by the feel or eye that I wasn't catching on to. Or do I have to just eventually know which one is which? I figured that I could probably eventually have it all memorized but I'm worried about my husband and anyone else who may change the babies diaper. Just curious. Thanks for the help.
Ivanna
EDD 6-9-04

jmofarrill
05-10-2004, 11:05 AM
If the outer fabric is wool or fleece, it is an AIO. A PUL AIO can be a little trickier. Most regular PUL outers have a similar look; the fabric, while not outright shiny, has a shinier look than regular fabric. Do you have any Fuzzi-Bunz? The PUL on many AIOs looks the same. Some WAHMs either put a print fabric over PUL or laminate a fabric's underside with PUL on their covers or AIOs; when you feel the outer fabric, it will be crinkly instead of soft and supple.

If any of this was confusing, and I don't doubt it was, I am working 2 cups of coffee short this morning. Trying to cut down on caffeine can be detrimental to my clarity! LOL