PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun....If you could only choose one kind of dipe, what would it be???

mommyj_2
05-11-2004, 02:22 AM
And why?

I'll go first.

I think I would have an UCPF with a snappi and no cover. As much as I love my adorable fitteds and AIOs, I seem to use my PFs most often. I love watching my little man crawl around in a snappi'd prefold without a cover.
I'm still debating whether it would be a plain UCPF or one of my gorgeous tye-dyed ones from tye dye dreams. That's a tough call!
So...what would you choose?

toomanystrollers
05-11-2004, 07:04 AM
Hmmmmmmmm, I have two kids in cloth so can I pick two? LOL

For Shea - Elbees all the way.

For Neve - First Class Baby - gotta have some cute prints for her :)

jmofarrill
05-11-2004, 09:24 AM
I always have trouble w/ these questions b/c my mood changes daily! I recently rec'd some dyed cpfs, and they are a lot more fun to use than the regular ones. So Anwyn has been wearing bikini-twisted, snappi'd cpfs again. I love the fit of FCBs on her - so trim and neat, and quite well-made. I like the ease of my SPs, though; I usually put her in SPs at home, but that may be due to the fact that I have almost 2 dozen of them. However! I'm getting irritated w/ my SPs b/c the serge has come unraveled on five of them, and a snap busted on another one. http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/ruinkai/screama.gif

Soooo, I think I would just go with FCBs!

jec2
05-11-2004, 11:23 AM
I love fitteds! I have a mostly SP's but the two Little Caboose's we have are kind of special and I would love more of those. I agree that the prints are just so cute.

papal
05-11-2004, 11:41 AM
As MUCH as i love my yummy indians.. i would have to go with Elbees!! LOVE THEM!!! So trim, so soft, so beautiful!!

sweetbasil
05-11-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm like Michelle...my preference changes weekly! But today (LOL!), I'd pick our indian prefolds, snappied, with a soaker. We only have 1 pr. of soaker shorts, but a few more soakers are on the way, so that'll help.

For my marriage, however, I'd have to go w/pockets...that's about all DH is very comfortable with. And I still think he's quite the sport for not only supporting CDing, but doing his best to participate, too! ;)

C99
05-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Is there any question? All-in-Ones. They look like disposables, they work like disposables and there is only a tad more care in laundering them. Easy, peasy.

daisymommy
05-11-2004, 01:40 PM
I too go in waves of what I like best, but for right now it's Sugar Peas Side Snap fitted, with a jersey wool cover (from SP or or Sugarbums). I have found that these are close to as trim as a Firefly, have no wing droop, and are more absorbent than a FF.

My other "favorite stages" have been for Happy Heinys, front snap SP, and Fuzzi Bunz.

Momof3Labs
05-11-2004, 02:43 PM
This week, I'd have to say that it would be a Cuddlebuns bikini cut with, oh, a Bumpy day cover. I'd hate to give up my wool and fleece, but the Bumpys fit under clothes so much better!

hellokitty
05-11-2004, 10:25 PM
I'm still pretty new to CDing however I've pretty much tried a little of everything. I'm still lukewarm about pocket dipes, I have only tried the babyblanket ones (which I did not like, it leaked everytime!) and a snappingturtles.com one, which are good so far, but since I'm paranoid from the BB experience, I keep thinking they might leak!

I am snappi retarded, so CPFs are not for me and I felt they were really bulky. I am ok with fitteds, except that we still go through a lot of covers b/c joshua has explosive poops, so I feel like it's kind of a pain to have to change the fitted AND cover everytime he has a poopy diaper (which is a lot!). Plus, the fitteds often have such cute patterns, it's a shame to have to cover it up with an ugly cover! Sooo, the final verdict for me right now is I am loving my little lambs AIOs, which is good, b/c I bought a huge lot of them from someone and basically it is going to be my full time CD system. They are pretty much idiot proof (to my DH's dismay, he knows this means he is going to have to start doing more diaper changes again), cute as can be, and not as bulky as some of the other CD systems. I do know that I much prefer snaps to velcro, I regret buying so many CDs with velcro on it, I just feel like they feel and look old more quickly, KWIM? I have yet to venture into wool, so who knows, a few months from now I may have a totally different POV, b/c this CD thing is VERY addicting!

liya
05-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Pockets if they were more breathable. Firefly fitteds with a nikky or a bumpy cover cause they are just so darn trim on him LOL!!

mudder17
05-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Well, I use IPFs or CPFs most often with either Kissaluv doublers or preemie EPFs as a doubler and snappi'd with cover (Bummis or Literaps). But if money were no object... ;-) , I think I would agree with Caroline that AIO's would be my choice. Easy to clean and you get a bunch of neat prints if you want them, and you can have a variety of absorbency for day and night. The only thing is that I would prefer velcro because it's easier to fit to different sized/shaped babies.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

starrynight
05-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Although I've never tried one I would probably say an AIO because you can see the cute prints and no dealing with covers and everything else.

I generally use pfs with a snappi and go coverless around the house but Eliza has been getting snappi'd to the rug lately LOL so she is less than thrilled and I have been using either covers or fitteds coverless.

tarahsolazy
05-13-2004, 01:35 AM
Before today I'd have said CPFs and my Bumpy Wool, but I just got 4 used RB FLAGS, and they fit my DS PERFECTLY! Gotta try to stalk RB when she stocks next... Still my Bumpy Wool, or maybe my adorable new soaker shorts. Mags, watch it with the wool, I'm getting addicted already. I'm mostly a CPF kind of gal, but those RBs...

new_mommy25
05-13-2004, 03:14 AM
Hmm..I've tried many different AIO's and pockets and they just aren't for me. For me my favorite diaper is a sugarpeas. I only have front snaps and they work perfectly on DS. In fact, he seems to have gotten leaner and now I need to cross over the tabs on his size 1's. I find them very absorbant and trim. My favorite trim cover is a Nikky or Bumpy Day. Around the house he wears wool or sugarpeas fleece.