PDA

View Full Version : Lovin the Bumpy Day Cover

toomanystrollers
05-11-2004, 07:07 AM
I just got one for Neve from www.smartiepantsdiapers.com and I have to say - I love the fit on her, the gussetts and the easy applix. I got the cute teddy bear pastel print in a large. She's wearing it over a SP fitted right now.

I went back and ordered two Bumpy night covers for Neve and Shea. I'm getting a little tired of the smelly "wet dog" smell of our Aristocrats in the morning.

jmofarrill
05-11-2004, 09:29 AM
I have a couple of Bumpy Day Covers, and they are great for a nice, trim cover that *works*. I haven't had any problems with them, either! I didn't realize they come in prints - thanks!

papal
05-11-2004, 09:37 AM
We love our Bumpy Day Covers too! They are the trimmest we have.. and over a prefold or Elbee.. they are almost as trim as a disposable!
Didn't know there was a bear print (we have fish and zoo)...must go check it out.

mharling
05-11-2004, 10:12 AM
I LOVE Bumpy Day's!! Took me a little while to actually try and buy one, but now I'm hooked. They are our standard. We have the zoo, fish and white.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

Momof3Labs
05-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Bumpy day covers are my favorites, too, and the only non-wool/non-fleece cover that we use.

Buuuuut, the Bumpy night covers aren't much different than the day covers and in my experience, wick pretty badly at night...

hellokitty
05-11-2004, 10:06 PM
I just bought a used bumpy night cover and tried it this wk. I really like it too, it is not as stiff and thick as bummis whisper wraps and not as plastiky as prowraps, but it still has nice gussets to hold in BF poo. So far it is my fav cover (I also like the stacinator so simple covers... no elastic marks b/c of the fleece and the material is thin and soft). I have never tried the bumpy day cover, but have also heard the day and night are similar. So far I have only used my bumpy night cover during the day, so it hasn't been put to the night test yet.

liya
05-11-2004, 10:50 PM
K i barely remember the difference between a bumpy day and a night. Anyone have them on hand? I know i cant use the nights at night..But whats the difference in feel. Ive been having some wicks with the day one and i think Ari is just too much of a heavy wetter...So ive been considering the night one....

What is everyone using for size? I fear these mediums will leave me hanging so i was wondering if i should get a large instead..Although i really dont want it to be overly excesive in size...

Momof3Labs
05-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Colin wears a large, and it doesn't seem too big on him, so I bet that Ari would be fine in a large. The nights have slightly heavier PUL than the days, though they feel almost the same and work about the same, IMO.

toomanystrollers
05-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up Lori. I figured I could use the night version for long road trips.

mharling
05-12-2004, 01:54 PM
I forget Ari's approx. measurements, but if I remember correctly he's not tons bigger than Lane. Lane is around 20 pounds and the mediums fit him perfectly with quite a bit of room to grow.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]