PDA

View Full Version : El Bee price increase and update

calebsmama03
05-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Ugh!! Just got an update through Laura's yahoo group and she is going to increase the price for her dipes probably next month when she opens her instock store - she states that they need to be in line with other dipes out there - hello?!? She mustn't ever look at prices or other dipes. I hope we get to order at the price they WERE when we got on her waiting list! SHe is also making design changes. Here is most of the e-mail...

First of all, I'm working on orders up to 180 and will be for at
least the next 2 weeks.

About the instock store: The plan is still to go ahead with it.
We're tentatively planning to have it open by the end of June.

We've also been working on a slightly revamped pattern for the
diapers. The changes are subtle but I think that they have improved
the fit. I'll be putting out a post for testers within the next 2-
ish weeks.
Assuming the testing goes well, this 'new' diaper will replace the
older pattern when we open the instock store.
Regarding pricing... yes, when the instock store opens there will be
a price hike. The diapers need to be priced in the same arena as
other similar diapers out in diaperland. The new diaper pricing will
include a matching doubler.

We've also been playing around with a pull on cover for awhile now
and will also be looking for testers for this very soon.

Think that's it for now? More details about the instock store will
be coming in the near future!

I'll also be auctioning off some coloured diapers when I finish those!
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I promise there will be a
broader range of sizes!

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

mommyj_2
05-11-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm so glad I never tried these! It's good not to know what you're missing out on, especially for dipes that are so expensive.

sweetbasil
05-11-2004, 04:32 PM
I got the e-mail too, and honestly, wasn't surprised about the price hike. I'd heard it mentioned before and really, I've gotta say that our el bee dipe is a work of art. Seriously, I understand why they'd cost more than our others. Maybe I'm way off base (and we haven't had holes in the binding as some have, as ours is still quite new), but they're pretty top-of-the-line, IMHO....

jmofarrill
05-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Aren't her prices in Canadian dollars? I haven't purchased from her so I'm not sure.

todzwife
05-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Yes, but they are still pretty pricey. Beautiful dipes, fortunately they don't fit Dallin right so I won't be buying more :)

calebsmama03
05-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I agree they're nicely made and fit Caleb really well with the sidewall option, but we got ours at the same time you did and the binding is already looking "pilly". Not getting holes or affecting function at all, but for the price I'd expect it to hold up better in the wash :(

That said, I'm still hoping to order more of them. Depending what the price will be and whether you pay the price they WERE when you ordered or the price they ARE when your number is up, that is. My number is 240 though, so there will probably be another price hike before mine comes up at this rate :) I e-mailed in March to check the status and was told she was at 180 so mine should be 6-8 weeks. That was almost 5 weeks ago and she's STILL at 180!! Sigh....
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

calebsmama03
05-13-2004, 07:27 PM
I asked Laura to clarify and she said that dipe orders placed BEFORE the in stock store opens will be priced as they are now, not at the higher prices. :)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

jmofarrill
05-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Well, the last thing I need is to become enthralled w/ another hyena diaper. LOL I haven't tried an El Bee, and I'm too scared to do it!

calebsmama03
05-15-2004, 12:08 PM
I know what you mean! I wish I hadn't done it now!! I need to try some other fitteds (sugarpeas and fireflys maybe) and HOE I like them better!!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03