PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent leaks in pockets

mum1day
05-12-2004, 09:14 AM
So, I tried my first CD last night-a BB pocket dipe from Wendi. I love it! However, my DD leaked last night. I used 1 microfiber stuffin. (I do plan on buying some of Liza's inserts. Should I stuff with 2 microfiber stuffins tonight? The leaks were on the sides where the stuffins didn't seem to evenly fill the pocket. Does this make sense?

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
05-12-2004, 09:29 AM
One microfiber stuffin isn't much - that won't even hold us for a couple of hours during the day. I would recommend using something hemp or even a prefold. One of the problems with the microfiber is that once it is soaked in the area where they are peeing, the pee has nowhere to go (so it leaks). With hemp, the pee "travels" the length of the insert, soaking the whole thing before leaking.

I don't remember how old your DD is or how long she is going at night, but I would doubt that any baby could even go 4-5 hours with one microfiber stuffin without leaking.

mum1day
05-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks!

DD is 10 1/2 weeks--12 pounds 6 oz and 24 1/4 inches long.

Well, it was my first time, so now i need to order some Joey Bunz and try again.

Thanks!

nitaghei
05-12-2004, 10:02 AM
I agree with Lori. One towel is not enough. My DS is a light wetter, and I always stuff with 2 even for the day, when he gets changed every 2 hours.

And hemp is definitely the way to go at night. Liza's inserts are great. If you have any JB Hemparoos, you could try one of those with 1 or 2 microfiber towels at night. Or a hemp prefold (I don't have any of these, so I don't know how bulky these are).

I'm currently using FBs at night, and I use 1 JB Hemparoo, 1 MOE insert and 1 microfiber towel. The hemp really helps spread out the wetness.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD