PDA

View Full Version : Elbee fabrics. What do you have? How do you like them?

jec2
05-12-2004, 11:58 AM
My # for a small order (what was I thinking) will be up soon, and I just wanted to get some feedback on what fabrics you all have tried and how you like them.

I have tried two different so far (burly terry and french terry (hemp?) and have been quite please with both. They are both soft and very absorbant. I actually love the the look of the burly terry and find that it really is super absorbant.

cvharris
05-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Well, I've only tried hemp knit terry and hemp fleece (don't think she is using hemp fleece anymore). I much prefer the hemp knit terry. It is very stretchy (it's hemp/cotton/lycra) and gives a snug fit in the legs and waist where the hemp fleece does not. The hemp knit terry doesn't get stiff like the hemp fleece does, too. I don't need the sidewalls with hemp knit terry since it is stretchy and snug, so that is a money savings. I want to try the burley knit terry next time, though, that sounds yummy!

BTW, I got a poly fleece pocket style last time and I really like it. It is made like a fuzzi bunz (except the waterproof outer) with the layer of fleece sewn as a pocket and comes with two hemp french terry stuffers. It is VERY hard to stuff, since the openings are incredibly narrow, but I like that there aren't any doublers to contend with while putting on the diaper and that there is fleece throughout the whole inside. She will also top her regular doublers with poly fleece, too.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

Momof3Labs
05-12-2004, 01:11 PM
I got hemp french terry and organic cotton velour. The hemp french terry is nice - typical hemp, I'd say. The organic cotton velour is wonderfully soft and stretchy, but doesn't seem to be holding up in the wash. There are already patches of velour "pile" (like bald spots) missing around the outside of the dipe. I'm giving it a little longer to see if it gets worse and then will contact Laura about it. I got to feel most of the current fabrics with the last order, and would probably pick burley terry, though it is a little bulkier than hemp french terry.

papal
05-12-2004, 01:42 PM
I think I have the heavy burley terry also.. i LOVE it.. super soft and super absorbant!

toomanystrollers
05-12-2004, 04:04 PM
I have three elbees in the hemp jersey knit (n/a now). I just paid for my order with 1/2 of the dipes in french terry and the other 1/2 in knit terry (I think) LOL

stillplayswithbarbies
05-13-2004, 01:13 AM
I got the organic cotton velour too, but it doesn't feel like I expected velour to feel. It doesn't feel soft and yummy like the velour dipe I got from Patchwork Pixie.

I hate to say this, but I don't think I like the ElBees. It fits her okay I guess and it's trim (not as trim as a Firefly), but it's a pain to put on with the soaker that twists all up on itself.

I'm not sure I am going to order any more when my number comes up. (especially at the new higher price)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03