PDA

View Full Version : Weird wet clothing issue

starrynight
05-13-2004, 12:59 AM
If I put Eliza in a soaker or fleece cover at night in the morning the diaper is soaked, the cover is dry and her clothes are damp. So what is going on? I figured the diaper would be soaked, she is a heavy wetter at night but I don't understand why the cover/soaker is dry but not her jammies or tshirt. Is it because I always use 100% cotton clothes and jammies on her, I know cotton causes wicking so is the soaker or fleece wicking out onto her clothes?

I have resorted to using nylon alexis covers at night until I figure this out but I prefer her in something that breathes for night since she sleeps all night and doesn't get changes for 10-12 hours until she wakes up again in the morning.

new_mommy25
05-13-2004, 03:20 AM
Hmm..I haven't used fleece at night because it is not waterproof. I've hears something about compression which means that the pressure of her lying on the cover may force the pee through the fleece. Does that make sense? Maybe someone can explain it better.

toomanystrollers
05-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Jackie,
What kind of wool/fleece cover are you using? And what kinda of dipe?

starrynight
05-15-2004, 06:21 PM
It might be the compression thing, she rarely moves around in her sleep and it's only the bum part of her jammies that get damp not the front, she is a back sleeper.

As for fleece and diapers, various fitteds, fleece not sure they are ones I got free with some diapers I bought off ebay. They do seem a bit heavier weight than the cheapest fleece you can get at the fabric store but have no actual idea what they are. I will save them for daytime use from now on.