PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior during diaper change

chlobo
05-17-2004, 10:15 PM
My DD, who is 6 months old has started some strange behavior during her diaper changes. She's started to grab at herself, almost like she's itchy. Sometimes she grabs her stomach (like she's "pinching and inch"), sometimes its her leg and one day she was grabbing her bum and actually scratching it with her legs.

She does this regardless of whether she has diaper rash or not. Is this normal 6 month old behavior or is she really itchy?

todzwife
05-17-2004, 10:49 PM
I think she's just discovered herself...like "hey I can feel that when I pinch my legs or scratch my tummy". Dallin does that with his "little friend" and we try to get the diaper on as fast as possible, but as soon as the diaper is off, his hand is back playing with it. Ugh- BOYS! LOL!

mommyj_2
05-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Shandelle,
Girls do the same thing. Hey, if you've got it, it must be there to play with (or at least that seems to be the attitude of all little ones).

My DS still grabs at his belly, his chubby thighs, and his little friend and he's 10 months old.

chlobo
05-18-2004, 06:18 AM
What a relief. She's had some persistent diaper rash and I was afraid that maybe she was itching b/c of it.

starrynight
05-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Shandelle, girls do it too! Daria won't leave herself alone lately, but I think it's because we are potty training and she finally figured out what's been covered by a diaper for awhile.

And some boys never leave it alone, my ds included.

And to the OP, she is just figuring everything out and exploring how it feels to pinch etc :).

MartiesMom2B
05-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Do any boys ever leave it alone? I seem to always catch DH "adjusting" his crotch.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

starrynight
05-21-2004, 04:22 PM
LOL Sonia, my dh too! I have to wonder if it's something programmed into boys or if they learn it from their dads ;).