PDA

View Full Version : Elbees or Kissaluv's

nathansmom
05-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Okay my number for my second order of elbee's will be up soon. My big plans with this number was to buy a dozen diapers for a future baby but I'm rethinking this idea. Which do you think would be better for a newborn/small infant, elbee's or kissaluv's?
Nathan still fits in his size medium and I think he won't outgrow them before he's completely potty-trained so I'm sure I don't need larges.
Thanks for any advice or help.

Momof3Labs
05-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't spend the money on El Bees for a newborn - they just don't wear them long enough (outgrow them too fast, I mean). Plus they poop every single diaper change and I couldn't stomach that in $20+ diapers!

Colin seemed like he would never outgrow mediums in most brands, but he did eventually - in rise, only. He can still wear mediums in his waist and thighs but he gets plumber crack from them. I'd think that there's a good chance that Nathan will need something else before potty training.

ETA: There's also the El Bee bindings that fall apart after a short while; I'm not sure if the diapers hold their value very well once that has happened.

todzwife
05-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Dallin still fits in a small...I definately think smalls are totally worth it! That said, IF you happen to have any extra spots on your order, I'd LOVE to try a m/l! I thought that's what I ordered when I went in on Lori's order, but I got a med. and it didn't fit right...LOL What # are you??

nathansmom
05-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Shandelle-
Actually I have a number that is up right now (under my sister's name) for 2 diapers. I only plan on getting one of them so if you want the other diaper its yours.

todzwife
05-24-2004, 10:23 PM
Really!!! That would be soooo great! I am #226 and I want to see how the diaper actually fits before I order a bunch... I am kind of glad they take a while for the # to come up, it will give me a chance to ebay some stuff! I have some paypal right now, email me at mrpiggysmom at yahoo dot com and send me a total and your paypal addy! Oh I LOVE you! Thanks so much!!!
I'd like a M/L with Aqua snaps and scalloped stitching and sidewalls (if that's an option, if not, that's totally cool too!!!)Heavyweight something that's not hemp -anything that's not hemp...:) with the doubler. ;) Thanks again!!!!!

toomanystrollers
05-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Gosh, for a newborn - I'd stick w/prefolds :) Prefolds were so easy with Neve. I bumped her into fitteds around 3 months.

HTH

liya
05-24-2004, 10:26 PM
if you want a good good newborn hemp diaper that cost less than the elbees the kind hearted women diapers are really good for newborns and really trim....I dont know if i would buy the elbees just because i think i couldnt justify the cost.... I know this doesnt help much at all..:(

toomanystrollers
05-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Norah,
I changed my mind. I think you need at least one (maybe 2 ;) ) itty-bitty Elbees. It would be the cutest little dipe :)

shopaholic
05-25-2004, 12:24 AM
I love ElBees for a newborn. I hope it will comprise most of my newborn stash. I don't think the Kissaluvs are nearly absorbant enough.

jec2
05-25-2004, 03:53 PM
How do the smalls fit Dallin? What are his measurements? I have 2 meds for Finn and they are a micro-smidge big on the tightest snaps but seem to work fine. Just wondering if I should get a small or two to try or whether I should just stick with the meds. I cannot recall his measurements but I think he is about 13-14" waist and 17 lbs.

nathansmom
05-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Shandelle-
I got it. I'm waiting my sister to make sure she got the email from Laura and we'll place your order. My sister's number was #180 so I know its close, the only thing was my sister forgot to send her new email address to Laura but things should be cleared up in a few days. I'll email you when I place the order and we can set things up from there.

todzwife
05-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!