PDA

View Full Version : disappointing fluffy mail. sigh...

lizajane
05-25-2004, 08:15 PM
i ordered some large covers for my crazy sized noodle- a snapiwrap and litewrap from naturalbabies. i also got a bummis pull on (haven't tried it on him yet) and a large prorap. can i just tell ya??? i like the prorap best!!!!!!!! why did i even think to try something different than what i already like???????? i knew that they ran large- but come on! it says 20-30 lbs. my kid is 25 lbs. but he looks like he is wearing something made for an adult! so i guess i will return the other two covers in exchange for more proraps. the mediums still fit, there is just something funny about them. i guess the rise is getting too short. but my guy has such a super skinny waist, we are having trouble with everything these days! his fbs are fitting terribly!!! larges and mediums! the baby blanket dipes are the only thing that fit him well. i guess i'd better get chattin' with wendi...

question- since litewraps are supposed to be like bumpys, does that mean i wouldn't like the fit of the bumpy? i considered trying one. but i am a little gun shy for new stuff now!

Momof3Labs
05-25-2004, 09:11 PM
I looooove Bumpy covers! Proraps didn't work well for us (leg holes too skinny) and Bummis snap covers and whisper whatevers (pull-on) never fit right either. Bumpy covers give a nice fit for skinnier thighs (not good for chunky thighs, I've heard) and have been the only cover to consistently fit Colin well in his almost 16 months of cloth diapering!

papal
05-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Liza, Litewraps are nothing like Bumpys. The difference is day and night. The styling is similar (large applix area) but the Bumpy Days are awesome. I never use my Litewrap.. it is so plasticy and large.. hate it.

houseof3boys
05-25-2004, 10:11 PM
I love Bumpy's!!!!! :)

mudder17
05-25-2004, 11:19 PM
I've often thought about trying the bumpy wraps, but settled for the lite raps. It turns out that the lite raps fit very well, but Kaya has chunky thighs, so based on what Lori said, I guess Bumpy Wraps wouldn't work well with Kaya. The Lite Raps *are* a bit more plasticky, but on the plus side, I can rinse them in between changings pretty easily and they dry quickly. I pretty much alternate between Bummis Print (Aplix) and the Lite Raps (print). The only thing I can't figure out is why the Lite Raps (Aplix) have one snap on them. I never use them. I will say that the Aplix on the Lite Raps have held up much better than the Aplix on the Bummis.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

liya
05-25-2004, 11:45 PM
Nothing like the bumpys....

lizajane
05-26-2004, 08:58 AM
hmmm... i don't think he has skinny thighs. i think they are normal. his waist is what is SO skinny. the proraps are a little big on the leg, i guess. maybe i will try one and see. we are in sizing no man's land and it is driving me crazy!!!

todzwife
05-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Liza, have you tried green earth??? They are softer than the proraps. I have 2 mediums just sittin her...they don't fit Dallin right if you want them for super cheap let me know. They are practically new.

lizajane
05-26-2004, 12:57 PM
i haven't tried green earth, simply because i am perfectly happy with proraps. honestly, the feel doesn't bother me at all. i think i would need to try larges, but thanks for the offer!!

nitaghei
05-26-2004, 01:08 PM
>his fbs are fitting terribly!!! larges and mediums! <

Liza,

I know you didn't ask about this - but have you tried the Petite Toddler FBs? I love the fit on DS - much better than the mediums (don't have any large). DS is skinnier, though - about 23 lbs - and the Petite Toddler fits him on the tightest settings.

Though the best combo is the Babyblanket with one of your inserts! I'm now up to 7 BBs - though they mostly get used at daycare, and I save the 2 with your inserts to use at night.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

lizajane
05-26-2004, 07:34 PM
i do love the petite toddlers! i have one real PT that i love. and i have four that i bought used that were really mediums, but with a smaller waist. they are short like mediums, not long like PTs so he is about to outgrow them. and the snaps haven't been holding very well (so annoying!). i just didn't want to invest in a ton of PTs, even though i would love to have 'em!! i think since i am working with wendi now, i will probably buy larges from her when we can't fit into the mediums or faux PTs anymore. but thanks for the idea!

parkersmama
05-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Bumpy's are great! They fit a variety of waist and leg sizes, IMO. Amy Grace has been wearing the mediums for *ages* and still has lots of room in them. They are soft, have gussets, and are infinitely adjustable. :)

toomanystrollers
05-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Another new bumpy fan here!! - I got Neve a day and a night bumpy. I just love the cottony feel to them :)

nitaghei
05-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Yup! I have 5 Petite Toddler FBs, which definitely have a longer rise than the mediums, so I'm hoping to get a decent amount of use out of them. And I've been using them for a while. But all my more recent purchases have been BabyBlankets. I'm hoping the BBs get us through potty-training. All I have are Large, with cross-over tabs, and they work fine, though they are a little bulky looking right now. Of course, all the other dipes look bulky compared to the Daisy-Doodles!! :)

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD