PDA

View Full Version : I don't think the diaper hyena thing is for me!

marinkitty
05-27-2004, 05:40 PM
I managed to get my hands on one Daisy Doodle AIO a couple of months ago (easily, which I realize now must have been very lucky) and I really like it so I wanted to get 4 or 5 more. So, Christa said her store would open today at 3 EST and at 3 EST I logged on and started refreshing, also watching her Yahoo group for any updates. So there I sit, for 55 minutes - looking at the same screen over and over (starting to feel more than a little ridiculous, I have to say) and then on her group she posts - "That was fast!" They were all gone! Huh? It came and went and I never even saw it despite refreshing every 10 seconds or so for ages! And I'm at work on a T-1 line! She said she may have more custom slots tonight, but seriously I cannot waste more time to no avail.

How do you mamas manage to stalk the popular WAHM sites without totally losing it? And how to moms who are either busy taking care of their babes or at work spend the time stalking????

I will have to stay content with the dipes that are easy to get and resign myself to never owning a FLAG or Kiwi Pie cashmere cover or the like, but it just seems like there has to be a better system!

ARGH!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

todzwife
05-27-2004, 06:32 PM
I can't do it either...I am a REALLY bad hyena. I gave up trying to get any FCB, or the likes...I went with motherease one size! LOL!

nathansmom
05-27-2004, 07:08 PM
If you want a Kiwi Pie cashmere wool cover I have one that I'm getting ready to list on bbbswap board. Contact me via pm or email and I'll give you all the details.

calebsmama03
05-27-2004, 07:42 PM
I know what you mean! I am terrible at it, but all the dipes I like now have become hyena dipes!! I got a kiwi pie, 2 DD and an Angel Wrap a few months ago back when they were pretty much always accepting orders. I love all of them and now they've become so popular that I can't get more :( I was lucky enough to get a Kiwi Pie from an awesome mama here (Thanks Carolee!) and I happened to log onto the AW site 2 weeks ago before she posted her stocking so I got a custom slot with her.
It really stinks! Hopefully these Hyene things go in waves and the hoopla will settle down in time (for baby #2).

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

toomanystrollers
05-27-2004, 09:07 PM
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/hyena.gif

liya
05-27-2004, 10:04 PM
My days are totaally over. I just cant stand sitting in screen looking at the same thing refresh and refresh..Plus i have the slowest computer in history(my laptop no longer lives so im working on a dino) and i dont think she would allow me to go any faster LOL!!

calebsmama03
05-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Maybe you should share your secrets with the non-hyenaish of us, Miss Pam!!! You seem to always get "the goods" ;)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

larson
05-30-2004, 10:47 PM
>I managed to get my hands on one Daisy Doodle AIO a couple of
>months ago (easily, which I realize now must have been very
>lucky) and I really like it so I wanted to get 4 or 5 more.
>So, Christa said her store would open today at 3 EST and at 3
>EST I logged on and started refreshing, also watching her
>Yahoo group for any updates. So there I sit, for 55 minutes -
>looking at the same screen over and over (starting to feel
>more than a little ridiculous, I have to say) and then on her
>group she posts - "That was fast!" They were all gone! Huh?
>It came and went and I never even saw it despite refreshing
>every 10 seconds or so for ages! And I'm at work on a T-1
>line! She said she may have more custom slots tonight, but
>seriously I cannot waste more time to no avail.
>
>How do you mamas manage to stalk the popular WAHM sites
>without totally losing it? And how to moms who are either
>busy taking care of their babes or at work spend the time
>stalking????
>
>I will have to stay content with the dipes that are easy to
>get and resign myself to never owning a FLAG or Kiwi Pie
>cashmere cover or the like, but it just seems like there has
>to be a better system!
>
>ARGH!
>
>Holly
>Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

OMG!! This was SO ME with the Daisy Doodles site too! :) I have to admit, it was my first attempt at buying some cute stuff, and it failed. I have resigned myself to FB colors being my cutest stuff, and that I will survive. Esp. since I just went on a mini-spending spree and dh got real crabby with me about that! I guess it's the fact that we're buying our first house and he's taking a pay cut!

And I agree with the watching your kids question--I was lucky that ds napped most of the time I was on the DD site--and I seriously gave up. Didn't check back AT ALL. Am at the point where it's not worth it I guess.

I'm soooo glad to hear I'm not the only one who missed out and couldn't figure out HOW! I think those who have an 'in' must have gotten a link to her REAL website! ;)

Carrie

C99
05-30-2004, 10:56 PM
I've never gotten into the whole hyena thing. I just don't have the money or the committment.

mharling
05-31-2004, 12:56 AM
Holly -
Did you get on the Daisy Doodle's waiting list?

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

tarahsolazy
05-31-2004, 01:45 AM
Holly, I know what you mean. I always find out about the stocking about 15 min too late. I have gotten FLAGs and FCBs from the MDC trading post, and I love the fit, but oh the cost of new ones, and the trouble to get them. I think I'll stick with cast offs for now. The hyena types with tons of dipes are always sellling some off.

marinkitty
05-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Just to update - I did get on Christa's waiting list at Daisy Doodles, so hopefully sometime in the near future my name will come up and Mia will have some more trim, adorable little dipes!

And, thanks to Norah I now have a luscious oatmeal cashmere Kiwi Pie cover on the way.

The fluff gods must have felt bad for me on Thursday though b/c I got home tonight from our weekend away and my two wet bags from Happy Tushies and my two wool covers from Sugar Peas (the merino is so nice and soft!) were here!

Holly (the un-hyena!)
Mom to Mia (who looks adorable in her fluff anyway!)(3.17.03)

bobica
06-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Ok, I just did my first hyena thing. I'm a sushi freak & Simply Cloth was stocking today with a special notice to look for sushi prints. I actually sat & hit reload over & over. I've truly gone over to the dark side. Is there any hope for me?

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 14 months