PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all who didn't know they were helping!

bobica
05-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Hi all. I needed to thank all who post here. I wasn't even contemplating CD-ing until 2 weeks ago when I started reading your posts after checking the site for a change in sposie recommendation! After reading, reading, reading (boy am i tired!) and clicking on countless links, I have made my first purchases to create a nighttime stash to give cd's a try. (no poop at night- an easier sell!).

You're all so helpful- by posting your questions, concerns, thoughts, problems, etc., you have helped me immesurably! I'm sure i'll be posting again when i receive my fluffy mail!

thanks again!

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 14 months

parkersmama
05-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Wow! You are brave to try CDing at nighttime first. :) A lot of the moms here use disposables at night. The no poop thing is nice but a great nighttime solution is just harder to comeby since they wet all night long and don't get changed. So, in case you have leaks, don't get discouraged and quit...just keep tweaking your system and you'll hit upon something that works!

What did you order? I'm trying not to buy anymore right now so I'm living vicariously! LOL!

And welcome to the world of CD addiction. :P

bobica
05-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Denise- thanks for the great advice! As for bravery, it's really a poop-avoidance issue. Also a money issue. DD is a big soaker at night & the huggies overnights cost 2x as much as the daytimes. It's great that they're Upromise and all, but since i plan on winning lotto before she needs to go to college, it's not necessary!

As for living vicariously....I was really hoping to get some LLL Nighty Newts (based on all the raves) but i now fully understand "hyena" mode and "stalking" etc. I'll wait patiently for the restocking. For now, I got 2 happy hiney solids (boring but Stacey at hiney king said the prints don't work as well for nights) with some HH stuffins as well as a pricey but hopefully worth it FF sleeptight from fuzbaby. I'm pretty excited to see what it all is like in person & then the actual trials will begin!

Now if i can just get to a walmart for those ozark bags....

Monica

jec2
05-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Glad you've joined us. It's great to have new blood in here. As Denise said, you are a brave mama. We've gone back to sposies at night since DS was nursing all night long the past month and flooding everything. Enjoy yourself and we will all love to hear about new buys and such :)

toomanystrollers
05-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Monica,
Welcome to the dark side }( - our fluffy cult that is :)

Keep us updated on your nighttime diapering adventure.

bobica
05-28-2004, 09:36 PM
you guys are so funny! although, i have to admit, i haven't even gotten the fluffy mail yet & i'm already getting a little nutty. cannot admit to dh!!!

it's funny- the bravery comments about starting at night. I guess b/c i already know she's a decent soaker & a front-loading one (stomach sleeper for ages- eek! don't tell the pediatrician!) that it seems eaiser for me.

it really does have a little cult feel :P

ps- how do you get the cute pics of the babies on your posts? that one i can't figure out!

Monica

toomanystrollers
05-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Monica,
Check out the "lounge" and I believe you'll see the "avatar" (small photo) thread near the very top of the page.

HTH

houseof3boys
05-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Welcome Monica! These gals will tempt you on a daily basis with all of the cute stuff out there....they find it everytime.

We love CDing too and can't imagine using sposies all day. We are one of those that only use sposies at night because Ryan still nurses a ton during the night and changing the wet crib sheets all the time was a PITA.

I hope all goes well and ask away with questions when you get started. :)

liya
05-28-2004, 11:50 PM
What on earth are you talking about...Temptation!! NO>...here!! I wonder who!! LOL

Welcome !! If you have any more questions and we will all be right here :)