PDA

View Full Version : Rice Paper Liners or Hemp or Fleece

mum1day
05-30-2004, 11:38 PM
For an EBF child (not yet on solids--only 13 weeks old) would you recommend rice paper liners or hemp or fleece liners?

TIA

ETA-If you think Hemp or fleece, how many should I buy? As many as I have diapers?

stillplayswithbarbies
05-31-2004, 12:31 AM
Fleece liners, so the baby feels dry. Fleece wicks the wetness through to the diaper and then feels dry against the baby's skin.

Hemp is not used as a liner, but it can be used for a soaker which is sometimes topped with fleece and then serves as a liner too.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Momof3Labs
05-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Rice paper liners aren't too helpful with bf'd baby poop. I agree - go with fleece liners.

mum1day
05-31-2004, 10:54 AM
Thanks to both of you!

Now, can I buy a cheap yard or so of fleece and cut that up for my dipes or do you reccomend actually buying them pre-made. If so, can you recommend where to buy them. I saw that Little Lounging Lizards had some.

Also, how many do you think?

Momof3Labs
05-31-2004, 11:14 AM
I just bought inexpensive fleece and cut my own. How many you need depends on how often you change, and how often you wash. I'd have one per diaper change.

lizajane
05-31-2004, 07:50 PM
definitely just buy any ol cheap fleece. microfleece tends to be softer and thinner, if it is available. fleece doesn't fray, so just cut and you're finished!

i have one per diaper.

mum1day
05-31-2004, 08:04 PM
Got some from Joanne's today--hope it's right!

ETA-I'm a bad speller!