PDA

View Full Version : no normal BMs in 3 weeks

lizajane
05-31-2004, 07:56 PM
any ideas? schuyler hasn't had a normal BM is over three weeks. sometimes runny, liquid, sometimes sticky and gooey, and (sorry, gross) sometimes chunky. i am at my wits end.

we took him to a doc while on vacation and discovered (abdominal x-ray) that he did not have a blockage, but was very constipated. the doc said even though he had all that nasty stool, he was still constipated and that the icky diapers could be a symptom (who knew!) of constipation.

he is acting VERY cranky and whiny again, so i have given him the apple juice treatment. it seemed to solve the discomfort issue before, but the poop never went back to normal.

we juiced him up today again (i don't normally give him juice) but so far, no explosion diapers. and now he has an awful rash, which i think may be due to the reintroduction of some wheat.

HELP ME! i will call the dr tomorrow for an appt, but please tell me what i can ask him/her to look for. my ideas are wheat allergy, other allergy or sensitivity, reoccuring constipation due to ??? (is soy a constipation causer? he drinks soy milk.) could he have developed an allergy to something that hasn't caused him trouble in the past??

double posting in the lounge to try to get speedy answers.

THANKS for your ideas. my guy is so unhappy!!