PDA

View Full Version : CD Odor Control

mum1day
06-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Alright tell me all of your secrets to odor control with CD's. ;-) DD or should I say, the nursery, has a princess suite so I have access to a bathroom. However, that being said--the odor coming from her dipes could knock anyone out--and it travels into her room. The bad part--that's just from today! :o

I am using the recommended sterilite trash can with ozark bags. I am not a big fan of the "pail deodorizers" as they make me slightly headachey. I do love Lavender and put some on a Q-tip as someone suggested-but to no avail.

Also, for all of you wool cover users-how can you remove the scent from those pail deodorizers that come as a gift from the WAHM? I'm having a hard time with it and it's lingering.

TIA!

Natasha

egoldber
06-03-2004, 10:23 PM
What kind of pail are you using? And maybe you have detergent build up? That can cause the diapers to reek. Otherwise, mine take a couple days sitting in the pail to get really smelly.

HTH,

mommyj_2
06-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Do you spray your poopy dipes? I always spray mine, and haven't really had any odor problems (and I have a really acute sense of smell, so I would know).
HTH!

toomanystrollers
06-04-2004, 07:35 AM
Natasha,
Have you tried rinsing your wool covers in Eucalan to get rid of the fragrance?

Also, you should mention in any future diaper order that you are "fragrant sensitive" :) and you won't get anymore smelly, headachy surprises.

HTH

stillplayswithbarbies
06-04-2004, 10:52 AM
I agree that you might have detergent buildup on the diapers. Mine sit in the pail for up to a week and don't smell unless I leave the lid to the pail open.

All poop goes in the toilet, not the pail.

edited to add: I did not spray breastfed poop, it went right in the pail. I washed every three days back then.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mum1day
06-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Not yet...she's still EBF, should I?

daisymommy
06-05-2004, 12:42 PM
I just wanted to give a little FYI...
Our pail never smelled bad (unless it was open and I had my head leaning downward to drop a diaper in it). But I thought how nice it would be to use the little citrus circle disks in there beacuse they smelled so good. Well...after a month or two of using them, and not being able to figure out why the pail smelled SO BAD that it seemed like I was inhaling bleach fumes (it nearly made me pass out!)--I realized the bad smell began when I started using the citrus disks. I haven't used them for 2 weeks now and its back to a "no-smell-zone" ;). I don't know what it is, but ammonia and citrus combined is toxic! Wheew!

daisymommy
06-05-2004, 12:42 PM
I just wanted to give a little FYI...
Our pail never smelled bad (unless it was open and I had my head leaning downward to drop a diaper in it). But I thought how nice it would be to use the little citrus circle disks in there beacuse they smelled so good. Well...after a month or two of using them, and not being able to figure out why the pail smelled SO BAD that it seemed like I was inhaling bleach fumes (it nearly made me pass out!)--I realized the bad smell began when I started using the citrus disks. I haven't used them for 2 weeks now and its back to a "no-smell-zone" ;). I don't know what it is, but ammonia and citrus combined is toxic! Wheew!