PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a diaper pail

wendinbill
06-06-2004, 09:04 AM
We CD and I've been using just a stainless steel bucket. Well, now that we are CD'ing overnight & all the time, it's getting stinky! The overnighters...whew! I need something with a lid, something cheap but not ugly. Where did you find yours? Thank you!

wendinbill
06-06-2004, 09:04 AM
We CD and I've been using just a stainless steel bucket. Well, now that we are CD'ing overnight & all the time, it's getting stinky! The overnighters...whew! I need something with a lid, something cheap but not ugly. Where did you find yours? Thank you!

mum1day
06-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Many suggest using (which I now use too) is the Sterilite 28 Quart trash can, like this:

http://www.sterilite.com/Products/Catalog/1077_LG.jpg

mum1day
06-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Many suggest using (which I now use too) is the Sterilite 28 Quart trash can, like this:

http://www.sterilite.com/Products/Catalog/1077_LG.jpg

bobica
06-06-2004, 11:23 AM
After reading the positive posts, I also bought a sterilite container. Funny, now that I see the picture of the 28 qt one, mine is HUGE!!! but it has a step-on lever to open the flip-top lid, so that's a bonus. Target, Walmart, etc carry Sterilite for good prices. I think Target may be better.

I know there's also a sterilite container that many cd'ers use for wipes, but i'm not sure which one it is- maybe someone could post?

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 14 months

bobica
06-06-2004, 11:23 AM
After reading the positive posts, I also bought a sterilite container. Funny, now that I see the picture of the 28 qt one, mine is HUGE!!! but it has a step-on lever to open the flip-top lid, so that's a bonus. Target, Walmart, etc carry Sterilite for good prices. I think Target may be better.

I know there's also a sterilite container that many cd'ers use for wipes, but i'm not sure which one it is- maybe someone could post?

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 14 months

Amala
06-06-2004, 02:31 PM
We use the Sterilite pail with an MOE hanging diaper pail as a liner. It fits perfectly, has an elasticized top, and an internal patch for tea tree oil to combat odor. DH was convinced that it would be stinky (as its in our bedroom), but so far the only odor that sometimes seeps out is when I put too much tea tree oil on the patch. The hanging diaper pail is also---supposedly, haven't tested it yet---good for travel. It works so well for us that I just bought a second one for when the first is in the wash (you just throw it in with the diapers). It was around $18 with free shipping from the Fuzzibunz store.

Amala
06-06-2004, 02:31 PM
We use the Sterilite pail with an MOE hanging diaper pail as a liner. It fits perfectly, has an elasticized top, and an internal patch for tea tree oil to combat odor. DH was convinced that it would be stinky (as its in our bedroom), but so far the only odor that sometimes seeps out is when I put too much tea tree oil on the patch. The hanging diaper pail is also---supposedly, haven't tested it yet---good for travel. It works so well for us that I just bought a second one for when the first is in the wash (you just throw it in with the diapers). It was around $18 with free shipping from the Fuzzibunz store.

caheinz
06-06-2004, 05:09 PM
So, does Target still have the favorite diaper pail?

We've never been able to find it here (So. AZ) -- the only Steriltes have swinging tops, which don't bode well for odor control.

But, we're moving to Chicagoland soon... if they have them in other parts of the country, I'll just try to hold out...

caheinz
06-06-2004, 05:09 PM
So, does Target still have the favorite diaper pail?

We've never been able to find it here (So. AZ) -- the only Steriltes have swinging tops, which don't bode well for odor control.

But, we're moving to Chicagoland soon... if they have them in other parts of the country, I'll just try to hold out...

new_mommy25
06-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Wow, that sounds like a great bag. I'll have to try one. I'm getting fed up with my Ozark Walmart bags. The drawstring is so hard to close.

new_mommy25
06-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Wow, that sounds like a great bag. I'll have to try one. I'm getting fed up with my Ozark Walmart bags. The drawstring is so hard to close.