PDA

View Full Version : Yikes, my diapers are getting too big!!

new_mommy25
06-06-2004, 06:20 PM
I started cding Noah at 4 months. At that time he was a chub-a-lub and fit prefectly into medium and size 1 diapers. Now that he's crawling and practically walking (shudder), he has really gotten lean. My fitteds are getting larger, not smaller on him. I can actually cross over the tabs on his sugarpeas size 1's. What is happening???

new_mommy25
06-06-2004, 06:20 PM
I started cding Noah at 4 months. At that time he was a chub-a-lub and fit prefectly into medium and size 1 diapers. Now that he's crawling and practically walking (shudder), he has really gotten lean. My fitteds are getting larger, not smaller on him. I can actually cross over the tabs on his sugarpeas size 1's. What is happening???

todzwife
06-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Yup- we are having the SAME problem here. I can still fold the SP down and cross them over he's getting so thin. It's scary huh- watching the chubb just melt off them like that...if only it was so easy for me to lose weight!

todzwife
06-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Yup- we are having the SAME problem here. I can still fold the SP down and cross them over he's getting so thin. It's scary huh- watching the chubb just melt off them like that...if only it was so easy for me to lose weight!

papal
06-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Shandelle!! I have seen your picture.. you don't need to lose any weight girl!!! What on earth are you talking about??!!

papal
06-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Shandelle!! I have seen your picture.. you don't need to lose any weight girl!!! What on earth are you talking about??!!

todzwife
06-07-2004, 12:58 AM
LOL! Thanks Rashmi :P I have about 20 pounds still...SBD here I come!!! (As soon as I get my books!)

todzwife
06-07-2004, 12:58 AM
LOL! Thanks Rashmi :P I have about 20 pounds still...SBD here I come!!! (As soon as I get my books!)

daisymommy
06-07-2004, 01:34 AM
I was actually going to post and see if this was happening with anyone else's baby--slimming down that is. I always used to be so envious of how you all could use Bumpy covers on your babies, but Josh's chunky thighs prevented that. Now he is still big for his age, but he has slimmed down so much that he can wear a Sugar Peas with the tabs crossed over, and a Bumpy cover with the tabs all the way in to the middle! Shock!

daisymommy
06-07-2004, 01:34 AM
I was actually going to post and see if this was happening with anyone else's baby--slimming down that is. I always used to be so envious of how you all could use Bumpy covers on your babies, but Josh's chunky thighs prevented that. Now he is still big for his age, but he has slimmed down so much that he can wear a Sugar Peas with the tabs crossed over, and a Bumpy cover with the tabs all the way in to the middle! Shock!

mommyj_2
06-07-2004, 03:07 AM
I'm having the same issues here. DS was a major chubster for the first 8 or so months of his life, but he's slimmed way down and gotten taller. He's wearing some clothes now that were too small for him 2 months ago, and his regular UCPFs fit him prefectly. I was having to stretch the snappi as far as it would go with them before. I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out what size dipes to order. I just got a custom order, and the dipes were huge on DS. I think they probably would've fit him two months ago :(

new_mommy25
06-07-2004, 05:49 AM
LOL Shandelle. At my 6 weeks post partum check up I was psyched to see I had only 20 pounds to losr. Well...that 20 has not gone anywhere!!! I bought Windsor Pilates two months ago and sadly, it is still in the package. I guess I better get on it.

new_mommy25
06-07-2004, 05:54 AM
Mommy J, I know what you mean. i got a beautiful custom order with Angel Wraps. i even sent in my own fabric. I ordered Mediums and the diapers are swimming on DS. I honestly don't know what to do. I love these diapers so much and I really don't want to sell them. But on the other hand I don't want to hang on to diapers that may not fit for a long time.

jec2
06-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Dear Me! If this is what we have in store, I should have just ordered small Elbees rather than the Meds. Yikes. And, I think we'll be in the SP's size 1 forever, which has probably been my best investment. Finn is not a chubster in the least!

todzwife
06-07-2004, 01:16 PM
The small fits soooo well on Dallin right now, but Norah sent me a medium to try on him and it fit well too. I don't think you will be disappointed with the mediums. Dallin's measurements are about 16 in waist, 16 in rise (over a diaper) and 10 in thighs. He still has some chub on those legs...just like his mamma! LOL!

mommyj_2
06-08-2004, 04:58 AM
New Mommy5, I'm glad I'm not the only one. That totally sucks about your Angelwraps order. I keep thinking I should email the WAHM and tell her I got my order and the dipes are adorable, but I just can't bring myself to do it because I'm depressed they don't fit.
I think since you sent your own fabric, you might want to hang onto the dipes as long as you'll eventually be able to use them. I'm mostly worried mine won't ever fit DS because the rise is way too high on him. I'm also ECing, and I'm not sure he'll still be in diapers in another year, which is how long I think it would take before he comes close to being big enough for these dipes.
LMK what you decide to do. It might help me decide if I should keep mine or sell them.