PDA

View Full Version : So why do I look at "stuffing" pockets as a chore

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-06-2004, 09:28 PM
I hate to admit this, but I have never had a problem doing laundry of CDs in the least, but lately I dread the stuffing of the pockets. Am I alone???? I love my pockets and wouldn't do it anyother way but I just look at the actual stuffing as such a chore.

I stuff with an European PF and a microfleece...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-06-2004, 09:28 PM
I hate to admit this, but I have never had a problem doing laundry of CDs in the least, but lately I dread the stuffing of the pockets. Am I alone???? I love my pockets and wouldn't do it anyother way but I just look at the actual stuffing as such a chore.

I stuff with an European PF and a microfleece...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

stillplayswithbarbies
06-06-2004, 10:18 PM
why do you use microfleece inside the pocket?

The stuffing is my least favorite part too. I used to do them all when I was folding the warm dry diapers right out of the dryer. But now I just stuff them as I need them. (I only use pockets at night so that's not so bad)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

stillplayswithbarbies
06-06-2004, 10:18 PM
why do you use microfleece inside the pocket?

The stuffing is my least favorite part too. I used to do them all when I was folding the warm dry diapers right out of the dryer. But now I just stuff them as I need them. (I only use pockets at night so that's not so bad)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

papal
06-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Neve, maybe if you stuffed while you were watching TV then you would not notice how much you dislike doing it? Just a thought... i know if I stitch a button or whatever while watching some crappy tv.. i don't even notice that i am stitching a button... it is a good thing that we women can multitask.

papal
06-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Neve, maybe if you stuffed while you were watching TV then you would not notice how much you dislike doing it? Just a thought... i know if I stitch a button or whatever while watching some crappy tv.. i don't even notice that i am stitching a button... it is a good thing that we women can multitask.

new_mommy25
06-06-2004, 10:47 PM
I agree Neve. I've tried several different brands of pockets but they really just aren't for me.

new_mommy25
06-06-2004, 10:47 PM
I agree Neve. I've tried several different brands of pockets but they really just aren't for me.

houseof3boys
06-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Hmmm, it doesn't bother me. I normally wait until it's wind down time for Ryan before bed and take them out of the dryer and off the hanging line, toss them all on the floor and let Ryan play around in them while I stuff and put away.

I stuff some with hemp inserts (like Lizajane's), microfiber towels and MOE's so that I have various absorbancy for different times of the day.

MartiesMom2B
06-07-2004, 10:57 AM
I found that stuffing my pockets with Lizajane inserts is much easier than when I used to stuff with a PF. Its really not a chore anymore. I try to stuff when I do my laundry too.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Dcclerk
06-07-2004, 11:29 AM
I second Sonia's thought about the prefold. I only use a trifold-type stuffer during the night (amazing things from Mom and Me Creations) and during the rest of the day, it is JBs. I tend to pre-stuff with the tri-fold b/c it is more of a hassle, so I can see where always having a prefold would become a chore. It seriously is so fast to get a JB in that I don't even bother to pre-stuff. I just put it in as I'm changing him.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-07-2004, 12:06 PM
I find the Joeybunz much easier to stuff than anything else. You just grab 'em and stuff 'em in there and they lay flat. No smoothing them out or anything.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

parkersmama
06-07-2004, 12:24 PM
I agree...stuffing with a Lizajane is so simple, I don't mind it at all. Stuffing a bunch of pockets with prefolds would drive me nuts! They just get too bunched up!

starrynight
06-08-2004, 01:08 AM
I tried stuffing with pfs once and only once, I hated it! I now use joeys or microterry towels folded in thirds. Since I only use them at night it doesn't bother me much, if they were my main stash I could see getting sick of stuffing.