PDA

View Full Version : How long do the Ozark/Bummi camping type bags last?

houseof3boys
06-07-2004, 02:50 PM
My Wally World Ozark bag has been washed maybe 10 times since I got it and the lining is completely destroyed now. It is holey and ripped and looks like it has been through the wash thousands of times. The drawstring has been broken since wash #5! I have always washed with my CD's and hung to dry.

TIA. Maybe the Bummis are worth the money since they last longer.

todzwife
06-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Wow- I haven't had any problems with either of mine. I have 2, one is yellow and is a little more heavy duty than the green one, but both seem to be fine so far. I have been washing them with the diapers as well. That's a bummer though!

toomanystrollers
06-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Hmm, my wally world bag (blue) is still going strong - probably washed at least 20x. And my Bummis bags will be having a 1 year anniversary soon :)

starrynight
06-08-2004, 01:04 AM
I wash mine with the diapers every 2 days and hang to dry. I have had it at least a month now and no holes or broken drawstrings. I have had a few loose threads near the seam but just clipped them and haven't had any since. I did notice that the bag isn't as waterproof as it used to be, before it didn't wick to th outside at all but today when I washed I noticed the outside was damp when I went to dump everything in the washer. No big deal, I will just have to wash the pail more frequently. Oh and mine is an ozark bag btw. :)

new_mommy25
06-08-2004, 04:33 AM
I've been using mine for about 5 months and I'm getting fed up. The drawstring is almost impossible to close and the lining is gone. I include it in my cold soak/prewash and then I take it out and line dry. So it's not even like I'm washing it hard.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-08-2004, 11:29 AM
does your prewash cycle go through a rinse? Mine doesn't, it just agitates and then spins out the water. If that is what your cycle does, then it would be leaving soap residue on the bags which I think would wear it out faster.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

bobica
06-08-2004, 11:47 AM
I bought 3 at Wally World in 3 different colors (turquoise, navy & red). the turquoise really seems thinner than the others- maybe different colors hold up differently? yuk. X(

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 14 months

mum1day
06-08-2004, 03:50 PM
I've washed mine 3 x and the drawstring is already out. Grrr!

houseof3boys
06-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Mine is the navy one and at the last washing, the lining is completely shot and got all tangled up in the diapers so much so that I had to cut it off with scissors to get the poor tangled dipe free!

I think I might have a lemon bag so I'll try another one since they are so inexpensive! Perhaps since we are getting different opinions, they might be manufactured in different countries thus some quality differences are occurring.