PDA

View Full Version : Disinfecting dipes?

nitaghei
06-08-2004, 05:40 PM
DS has Coxsackie's (hand,foot, mouth) :( GRRRRRRR

What, if anything, do I need to do to disinfect his CDs? We have pockets and AIOs only (FBs, Babyblankets, DaisyDoodles).

I'll be working from home tomorrow, so it'll be a slow connection to check back.

TIA

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

toomanystrollers
06-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Not a thing - my kids have had it. Just wash them as usual :)

HTH

tarahsolazy
06-09-2004, 11:06 AM
I agree with Pam, its a virus, so it won't survive a wash in the dipes. Also, Neel's already got antibodies to it, now, He can't catch it back from himself like yeast or staph skin infections. Hope he feels better soon, those mouth sores can make kids miserable!

MartiesMom2B
06-09-2004, 11:25 AM
You can lay them out in the sun if you want an extra precaution. I read that the sun disinfects!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

newmomma
06-09-2004, 02:45 PM
There are washing instructions for disinfecting cloth diapers on the Weebees website (under the washing instructions section--I think it's at the end). The website is www.weebees.com

nitaghei
06-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks Pam and Tarah! It hit me later that a virus isn't the same as yeast. But I wasn't exactly functioning at my best when I posted !

Neel didn't have anything on his hands, one tiny bump on one foot, but his poor throat was evidently just covered with blisters. His fever spiked up to 103 - which really freaked me out.

He's been really miserable, but is getting better. Pretty much survived on yogurt and popsicles (BTW - would highly recommend the Edy's Whole fruit bars) the last few days. I'm so glad that we're still BF'g - at least I didn't have to worry about forcing Pedialyte on him.

Of course, now I'm sick, too. :(

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD