PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not like SOS Diapers? (Suzie's One Size)

ChicagoMama
06-10-2004, 04:49 PM
There's a buzz about these dipes (well, I guess there's a buzz about lots of dipes!!), and I have collected a few of these for my introductory collection as I take the cloth plunge.

My thought was - why not fall in love with a one size diaper to make it more simple to CD two babies at once. I realize this may not work as every diaper fits every kid differently (*sigh*), but it's my initial theory. Plus, I don't want DH to freak out when my CD 101 for him is like a college course.

I've heard such good things about SOS dipes. What don't you like about them (besides the price and the general unavailability to buy new), and what has your experience been?

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

toomanystrollers
06-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Hee Hee - did I just mail you a lavendar hemp SOS? :) I "lounge" over at the MDC diapering forum too.

Ok, I love my SOS dipes. They fit both my kids perfectly. The work"mom"ship is outstanding. I've never had any serging issues, missing snaps, etc. I do have to use doublers with mine, but overall SOS are my favorites (even above my Elbees).

HTH

pritchettzoo
06-11-2004, 01:23 PM
I have one, a hand-dyed raspberry. I thought it was gorgeous when it arrived. After 3-4 washings, it looks like I washed the cars with it (or something very wearing...)! It's very bulky on my thin baby. And I don't find it very absorbent. I'm hoping I'll like it more as she gets bigger, but it's just so raggedy looking. I like neatness, even for pooping. :)

I do want to try the Pinheads and the Muttaqins that everyone on MDC raves about, but they're hyena diapers and I'm afraid I wouldn't like them anyway.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

zen_bliss
06-12-2004, 06:11 AM
i too wanted to stick with one size dipes and keep it simple. i picked up a few SOS, and i do really like them but i don't think they wear very well or justify the price! if you like them but not the price, the hemp KHW dipes (size M) i have are quite similar and fit a very large range. otherwise, i use mostly motherease with hemp doublers and sugarpeas size 2s with the front flap folded in.

ChicagoMama
06-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Pam -- that's right .... you've found me out!!! I try to keep my MDC and Amity identities separate from my BBB identity -- just a fun little internet game that I play.... LOL!
Becky

ChicagoMama
06-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks for your replies - I've been meaning to thank everyone for their help.

I went a little nuts buying SOS diapers so if anyone needs one......check the swap board in a few weeks!!
Becky