PDA

View Full Version : Huggies Supreme vs. Ultratrim

kjezierski
06-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Do any of you veterans know the difference between Huggies Supreme and Ultratrim? I've been to the Huggies website, but it wasn't much help.

Thanks.

Kathleen

bobica
06-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi Kathleen. Ultratrim are Huggies regular diaper. The supreme are softer, stretchier and about 14 cents more PER DIAPER. I think they were about 42 cents per diaper at my local supermarket. The supremes also have winnie the pooh on them, so that will sway some people :)

Hope that helps!

Monica
Mom to Siobhan- 3/03

Karenn
06-11-2004, 04:40 PM
I also find that the supremes run a bit smaller than Ultratrims. When Colin outgrows a size in Ultratrims, but isn't quite big enough for the next size, we'll often use supremes for a while while he gets a little bigger. (Of course now that DS has seen Pooh and Tigger on his dipes, we may not be able to go back to regular huggies!)

calebsmama03
06-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Ditto. The Supremes are also trimmer through the crotch so we used these mainly for our narrow-legged boy till we went to cloth. When he outgrows the Supreme size, we buy the same size in UT and they fit for several weeks longer. FWIW, I've found pampers to run even bigger than the UT, so sometimes we'll buy a pack of pampers (did this w/size 2 before the 3's fit well) when none of the huggies are quite right.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

icunurse
06-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Just a little something I have noticed between the two (or maybe I just had a bad batch of Supreme's). The Supremes seem to stick together when you open them up to put on baby. Not a big deal, but it bothered me to have to peel the leg grips apart from the diaper....especially in the middle of the night.
Traci

jpang
06-16-2004, 01:32 PM
The Supremes have more elastic on the top of the diaper than Ultratrims. We found they were better at keeping DD clean when she was going through the exploding poo stage (pardon the vulgarity-- couldn't really think of another way to phrase it). Now that she's eating solids, we no longer have that problem and may switch back to Ultratrims.

Judegirl
06-16-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm no veteran, but we found that the Ultratrims leaked like mad, at least on my little chubster. The Supremes are much plusher and seem thicker and keep her much cleaner. Now that dd is getting longer, though, the UTs may work better.

HallsofVA
06-19-2004, 01:27 AM
I had the same experience as you. As a previous poster said, the Supremes fit more snugly than the Ultratrims. We found the Ultratrims to be loose at the legs, and a bit more like cardboard. Also, the velcro tabs aren't quite as nice. Supremes are our diaper of choice, followed by Pampers cruisers. The Pampers are lighter with better fasteners, but don't have the "triple leakguard" series of three gussets around each leg opening. That said, when he's outgrown the Supremes, the Ultratrims will fit him fine for several more weeks.