PDA

View Full Version : 2 am sheet changes?

Krisa
06-14-2004, 05:56 PM
I keep reading this over & over as I research which crib mattress to buy.

But why are 2 am sheet changes occuring anyway?
Do sposies and CD's leak so badly that you have to change the whole bed each night?
How often does this happen?
Or is there an alternative?

This mommy-to-be has lots to learn, please bare with me & help me with my silly questions :)

icunurse
06-14-2004, 06:04 PM
From what I hear, every type of diaper (cloth and disposable) has a leaky day. It hasn't happened too often, but it DOES happen. We bought a foam mattress because it is light and easier for changes, but also ended up buying a few Ultimate Crib Sheets (at BRU...they are great! They snap on to crib slats and all you have to do is unsnap them to change it. They are a soft white cotton. They only cover the top of the mattress, so, from the side, your crib looks just the same.
Traci

stillplayswithbarbies
06-14-2004, 10:05 PM
I have never had to change the sheets in the middle of the night. Good thing too, 'cause baby sleeps with us. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Momof3Labs
06-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Could also be because you have a spitter-upper on your hands. We had lots of leaking with sposies (especially poop leaks - ugh) but I usually layered Colin's bed so only had to change the waterproof pad instead of the whole thing.

My only late night sheet change was when Colin had the stomach flu - then we actually had to do two changes and I was worried because we only have three crib sheets! I was doing laundry at 2am so that we'd be prepared!

papal
06-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Almost 8 months now and we have not had ONE night-time sheet change (our bed or the crib).
We use a mattress-pad cover (from Company store.. it is waterproof) and a crib sheet.

rrosen
06-14-2004, 10:37 PM
We have never had a middle of the night change either. In fact, in 9 months I have only had to change the sheets once because of a blowout and DD was sick. We change the sheet once a week, just like we do with our own. We have a coil mattress and I don't think it is difficult to change. What I did think was a major PITA was when the bumper was on. I could not stand taking that thing off and on! Next kid, NO BUMPER. I don't care how cute the stupid thing is. (the bumper, not the kid :-) )

jec2
06-14-2004, 10:47 PM
We've had at least two or three middle of the night bed changes...one or two for a poop leak out of the leg of a Fuzzi buns (DS has skinny legs) and then MAJOR spit-up--the kind where I think the babe must have been boozing and just couldn't hold his liquor. That is not to say that we haven't just rolled over and gone back to sleep on a wet spot or two. I know, "GROSS," but I just don't care some nights, I would just prefer to sleep and let DH get up and do a diaper change.

babymama
06-16-2004, 04:22 PM
7 months today, and not one nighttime sheet change. Early on, I did have to change clothes overnight because of leak-throughs (we use disposables). Since DH and I figured out that we weren't securing the fasteners tight enough on the dipes, we have had far fewer leak-throughs.
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

essnce629
06-17-2004, 06:59 AM
I've never done a middle of the night sheet change either (my bed or crib). My ds has soaked through his onesie though (he wears footed pjs & onesie underneath) a bunch of times when we had a batch of defective diapers and before we had discovered Huggies Overnights. Only once has he soaked through to the sheet in the crib and at that time he was only a few months old and immobile so I just threw a waterproof pad over the small wet spot and changed the sheets in the morning. He also did the same in my bed when we had the batch of defective diapers and I did the same thing with the waterproof pad.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel