PDA

View Full Version : Could it be the fleece?

mharling
06-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Some of you may remember that Lane had a yeast rash and the tip of his penis was red. He stayed with my parents last week and was in disposables. When he came home, it looked like the rash had cleared up. I put him in cloth Friday morning and it got red again. We have been using FB's since we started CD'ing and fleece liners for quite some time without any sort of reaction. Could the fleece be causing something? He was in a CFP with a fleece liner Friday when he got red again. This is driving me crazy and I'm ready to have him back in cloth again! Any suggestions?

Mary
Lane 4/03

Momof3Labs
06-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Some babies are sensitive to fleece, so it could be that. But it doesn't make sense that you had no reaction for so long, and now have a reaction. Is there build-up on your fleece? How does he do in a prefold alone?

mommyj_2
06-15-2004, 09:46 PM
I know my DS had problems with fleece. I quit using fleece liners, and his skin did much better. I think it might be because fleece tends to have more buildup problems, and I know DS is really sensitive to any detergents. Have you tried stripping your dipes? That might help. Or, you could try a CPF with no liner and see how he does.