PDA

View Full Version : Which diapers will a Nikky fit over?

daisymommy
06-17-2004, 12:19 AM
I tried Nikky covers in the beginning and loved how soft and trim they were, but they didn't fit over and diapers (fitteds) that I had at the time. Now that I have several types of fitteds, I'm wondering, which one will go nicely under a Nikky?

Please don't tell me I can use prefolds with them, as I have banned prefolds from our house ;) They make me crazy! Although...if someone would just show me in real life how to use them correctly, maybe I could be converted :)

pritchettzoo
06-17-2004, 12:40 AM
I use them over everything, but they do fit better over my trimmer diapers like Fireflies and Sugarpeas. DD's also a skinny little monkey. If DS is near the end of the size-spectrum, I'd stick to the trim diapers. Otherwise, you could size up and put them over the big ones too!

By everything, I mean FCB, LCs, Kissaluvs (also trim...the diaper of desperation around here now that the rise is so low!), Darling Diapers, FLAGs... The FLAGs are pushing it--they tend to hang out around the edges. I usually switch to an Airflow (although I don't like the leather-pant-noises that go along with it) or a fleece cover with those.

HTH?

Anna

new_mommy25
06-17-2004, 01:48 AM
I love my Nikky's and use them over just about everything! Okay the bulk of my stash is sugarpeas, firefly's and CPF's. I use the regular CPF's (4x6x4) and tri-fold them the wrong way and they are remarkably trim. The gussets in the Nikky's keep everything contained. Noah has been wearing size C which is 12 months since he was about 6 months so I think they run small compared to Bumpy's.

ETA: LOL!! I just re-read your post and realized I was not to mention prefolds. Whoops, sorry! Though I only tri-fold. I hate snappi's!! Anyway, in addition to SP's and FF's, I also use them over cloud9softies, sugarbums, and SPB fitteds with no problem at all. That's all the fitteds I own, I am not a good stalker :(

sugarsnappea
06-17-2004, 08:36 AM
"Please don't tell me I can use prefolds with them, as I have banned prefolds from our house"

LOL :) Prefolds are the only dipes I use with Nikkys. Trifolded and layed into the cover. Simple and works like a charm!

edited for grammatical error :)

daisymommy
06-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Oh good! My stash is all SugarPeas, Fireflys, and Sugarbums too! And trifolding a prefold is okay with me, it's all the oragami folds and Snappi'ing with Josh squirming to get away that make sme crazy. Well, I guess I'll have to give Nikky's another try. Not that I need a single new cover, but want? thats another story! :)

new_mommy25
06-19-2004, 02:34 AM
Lol, I know what you mean. Snappi's drive me insane. I can barely get a pocket on DS this days. And now his latest obsession is TAKING OFF the diaper. He'll sit there and I'll hear cri-cri-cri as he works the aplix. The boy can even get a disposable off. I'm thinking I need to order some prorap snaps for days when I want a trim cover.