PDA

View Full Version : Mama cloth revisited... long, with reviews

calebsmama03
06-19-2004, 06:17 PM
I just posted something about this in the maternity forum but since there had been some discussion here a while ago about cloth mama pads I thought I'd post here too...

I decided to take the plunge and ordered several different types off of www.diaperware.com Specifically Goddess moons, Kristen's cloth and Lunapads. Unfortunately, I found that the "wings" on all of them weren't long enough to comfortably wrap around my panties without pulling the pad over onto itself, like a rolled up newspaper - which is just what it felt like I was wearing! Now, given that I'm a size 4 and wear bikini panties I know it wasn't just my undies, but I don't know why others don't seem to have these issues. Aside from the fit issues, I found that the Goddess Moons shrunk TERRIBLY! I bought the overnight/PP style and the one I washed ended up a full 1 1/2 inches shorter and much narrower than the unwashed one. I e-mailed the company and got a "sorry, we'll look into it", not that I expected a refund on such a product, but their cursory response was disappointing. Definitely can't recommend them. Then I tried the Lunapads. The liners on these shrunk too, but not as badly. But the wings on the holder had the same issue as above, so I e-mailed the company asking what I was doing wrong. I got a quick response from the owner (Madeleine) with some tips and hints. None of that worked and I had just decided to go with wingless styles or be stuck with paper forever when I got an e-mail from Madeleine wondering how it went. I told her and she told me that she'd be willing to offer a refund but really wanted to try to find a cloth solution for me. She proceeded to send me a sample of Lunapanties and a pantiliner and maxi in their new "slender lunapads" design. OMG - I am in LOVE (if that's possible with a feminine hygeine product ;) ) The panties are so comfy - soft and stretchy 100% organic cotton with even softer 100% cotton fleece pantiliner sewn in - covering that darn seam that is always right *there* to scratch sensitive areas (blush...) The new design (which should be out in 3-6 weeks) has scaled back wings and is so trim any comfy. If is essentially one of their liners with a rectangular strip sewn across the middle that wraps around your panties to keep the pad in place and allow for changing the liners throughout the day. If anyone is still on the fence, I'd definitely recommend giving this line a try. It's a mama run company in Canada and they are super sweet with amazing customer service! I'm definitely going to order more of the new pads and some panties (which are pricey - at $15.99/pr but so worth it, and on sale this month for 10% off).
http://www.lunapads.com/home.php
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03